+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent:Which is safest way to send Passport to CPP-O from India?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi adonis999,

it will take time for them to transfer your file to be finalized in new delhi,so you shouldn't expect a response pretty quick.

all the best man and congratulations on your PPR :)

adonis999

Aug 20, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 28,2012
AOR Received.
Feb 12,2012
Med's Request
Oct 30,2013
Med's Done....
Nov 07,2013
Passport Req..
Dec 02,2013
canadavisa13 said:
Hi adonis999,

it will take time for them to transfer your file to be finalized in new delhi,so you shouldn't expect a response pretty quick.

all the best man and congratulations on your PPR :)

Yeah...The wait for the last steps seem to the toughest. I trying to see what is the avg time taken by CIC to respond to such requests.

Thanks for the wishes.

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Hi Guys,

I m in India and applied under FSW-13. While submitting my file, I mentioned New Delhi as my Visa office, but still my file is processing from CPPO. Medical, PCC, RPRF all requests from CPPO. Finally Passport request also from CPPO.

Now, I am stuck as how to send passport to CPPO from India. I read this post and came to know tophat one member CS2012 who also got request from CPPO, sent email to CPPO and got reply stating that he/she can send his/her passport to CHC for stamping.

I also sent email to CPPO "ottpilotimmigration@cic.gc.ca" stating my concern on Nov 22nd but haven't got any reply yet. Although CS2012 got reply within a week as per his/her post. I am little tensed as we only have 60 days to send passports to CPPO.

Few other members in this thread have mentioned, that they have sent similar email to CIC. My question is, do we have to enquire from CPPO or CIC?

Thanks,

mannte

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 march 2013
AOR Received.
29 April 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
15 jan 2014
Med's Done....
sent 20 jan 2014

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Wait for response from ottpilot-immigration .

Cpp-o is also cic. Send a reminder to cpp-o (ottpilot-immigration) after a week. I hope you mentioned all required details in the email (just see the automated response - unless You provide all those details, cpp-o won't respond to your query).

XBOX7 said:
Hi Guys,

I m in India and applied under FSW-13. While submitting my file, I mentioned New Delhi as my Visa office, but still my file is processing from CPPO. Medical, PCC, RPRF all requests from CPPO. Finally Passport request also from CPPO.

Now, I am stuck as how to send passport to CPPO from India. I read this post and came to know tophat one member CS2012 who also got request from CPPO, sent email to CPPO and got reply stating that he/she can send his/her passport to CHC for stamping.

I also sent email to CPPO "ottpilotimmigration @ cic.gc.ca" stating my concern on Nov 22nd but haven't got any reply yet. Although CS2012 got reply within a week as per his/her post. I am little tensed as we only have 60 days to send passports to CPPO.

Few other members in this thread have mentioned, that they have sent similar email to CIC. My question is, do we have to enquire from CPPO or CIC?

Thanks,

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
WTF???

I had emailed CPP Ottawa as well as Delhi Immigration Office (CHC, New Delhi) about this passport issue. Was yet to hear from CPP Ottawa. However, Delhi Immigration Office sent me this bull shit email:

Quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If the Visa Office where your application is in process has requested you to submit your passport for visa issuance, you must submit your passport to the same Visa Office. No other Visa Office can issue the visa, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

We understand that, if you are currently in India and your application is in process elsewhere, you will encounter difficulty trying to send your passport out of India. Since Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier, you are advised to personally travel to the country where the Visa Office is situated in order to submit your passport, or to request a trusted person to carry your passport to that country on your behalf. Before choosing the latter option, however, it is essential to check with the Visa Office to find out whether they will accept passports submitted by a representative. If yes, you must provide authorization in writing to your representative to submit your passport on your behalf. You can complete and print the “Use of a Representative” form at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp. Please note that you may also be required to provide a mailing address in that country to which your passport can be returned after the visa is issued. We recommend that you check the Visa Office's website for complete information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Unquote:

I was like, come on retards. there are a bunch of people in my same situation who have been given permission by CPP Ottawa to get their passports stamped in New Delhi and you are not being a bunch of wise cracks to send me this?

Also, how was I supposed to travel to Canada without a valid Visitor Visa, which you won't give as I am already to be given a PR Visa?

I guess, crazy people exist everywhere, eh?

Any suggestions? I suggest to myself to wait for CPP Ottawa's response. Nevertheless, ideas from you guys are always welcome.

Sid

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
sjjhala said:
WTF???

I had emailed CPP Ottawa as well as Delhi Immigration Office (CHC, New Delhi) about this passport issue. Was yet to hear from CPP Ottawa. However, Delhi Immigration Office sent me this bull *censored word* email:

Quote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If the Visa Office where your application is in process has requested you to submit your passport for visa issuance, you must submit your passport to the same Visa Office. No other Visa Office can issue the visa, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

We understand that, if you are currently in India and your application is in process elsewhere, you will encounter difficulty trying to send your passport out of India. Since Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier, you are advised to personally travel to the country where the Visa Office is situated in order to submit your passport, or to request a trusted person to carry your passport to that country on your behalf. Before choosing the latter option, however, it is essential to check with the Visa Office to find out whether they will accept passports submitted by a representative. If yes, you must provide authorization in writing to your representative to submit your passport on your behalf. You can complete and print the “Use of a Representative” form at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp. Please note that you may also be required to provide a mailing address in that country to which your passport can be returned after the visa is issued. We recommend that you check the Visa Office's website for complete information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Unquote:

I was like, come on retards. there are a bunch of people in my same situation who have been given permission by CPP Ottawa to get their passports stamped in New Delhi and you are not being a bunch of wise cracks to send me this?

Also, how was I supposed to travel to Canada without a valid Visitor Visa, which you won't give as I am already to be given a PR Visa?

I guess, crazy people exist everywhere, eh?

Any suggestions? I suggest to myself to wait for CPP Ottawa's response. Nevertheless, ideas from you guys are always welcome.

Sid
Hey Sid,

Its really frustrating, but by the time you get reply from CPP-O, try getting all info for getting Visitor Visa and more specifically, how much time it takes to get a Visitor Visa. I still think, you can get Visitor Visa, cos till date you are not a PR, its just once Visa is stamped, you become a PR.

I am also in the same situation, I sent email around 23rd to CPPO, and yesterday after waiting for 2 weeks,I realized that I didn't received any autoated response from them and then realized that the email id had a small type mistake. But I didn't got any failure delivery either. Yesterday I again sent my query to CPPO and immeditely got automated response.

In the mean time I called CHC Delhi, MEA Overseas Deptt, but none of them were able to help me out, rather they told me to email CPPO to know, what to do next.

I have a question for you.
When did you sent ur email to CPPO? Just to estimate how much time it will take to reply back.

After reading your post, even I will start working on getting Visitor Visa.

All the best. Hope you get a positive response.

Thanks,

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
XBOX7 said:
Hey Sid,

Its really frustrating, but by the time you get reply from CPP-O, try getting all info for getting Visitor Visa and more specifically, how much time it takes to get a Visitor Visa. I still think, you can get Visitor Visa, cos till date you are not a PR, its just once Visa is stamped, you become a PR.

I am also in the same situation, I sent email around 23rd to CPPO, and yesterday after waiting for 2 weeks,I realized that I didn't received any autoated response from them and then realized that the email id had a small type mistake. But I didn't got any failure delivery either. Yesterday I again sent my query to CPPO and immeditely got automated response.

In the mean time I called CHC Delhi, MEA Overseas Deptt, but none of them were able to help me out, rather they told me to email CPPO to know, what to do next.

I have a question for you.
When did you sent ur email to CPPO? Just to estimate how much time it will take to reply back.

After reading your post, even I will start working on getting Visitor Visa.

All the best. Hope you get a positive response.

Thanks,

I emailed them on Dec 06. the ids I emailed are

OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

centralized-intake-office@cic.gc.ca

I got that stupid email reply from Delhi today morning. However, I am still waiting for a reply from CPP Ottawa / the other 2 email ids i mentioned above. I don't know if I will apply for a visitor visa, as I would rather travel to USA (i have a valid b1/b2) and send the passports of myself and my wife from there. nevertheless, i am still hopeful of getting a reply from CPP / CIO this week, as we have precedents of similar cases being given permission to get visa stamped at New Delhi.

What I don't understand (this is for general / all forum / topic members) is why does Canada require a Visa Stamping at all? Why not just send a COPR, as sent to all Visa Exempt Nationals? Australia does this...just a COPR...as all that happens at the Arrival Airport / Base is cancellation of the visa upon arrival and all formalities take place on the COPR itself. How does it matter anyway, since those visa exempt nationals don't have a visa at all, just a COPR? if they do this, then anyone with a valid COPR can travel to Canada straight away without this stupid back and forth...

This would save so much time, effort and money on all sides.

Duh ???!!! Crazy Canadians, eh? We will do it our way, eh? ;D ;D :D :D :p :p

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
sjjhala said:
I emailed them on Dec 06. the ids I emailed are

OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca

DELHI-IMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca

centralized-intake-office @ cic.gc.ca

I got that stupid email reply from Delhi today morning. However, I am still waiting for a reply from CPP Ottawa / the other 2 email ids i mentioned above. I don't know if I will apply for a visitor visa, as I would rather travel to USA (i have a valid b1/b2) and send the passports of myself and my wife from there. nevertheless, i am still hopeful of getting a reply from CPP / CIO this week, as we have precedents of similar cases being given permission to get visa stamped at New Delhi.

What I don't understand (this is for general / all forum / topic members) is why does Canada require a Visa Stamping at all? Why not just send a COPR, as sent to all Visa Exempt Nationals? Australia does this...just a COPR...as all that happens at the Arrival Airport / Base is cancellation of the visa upon arrival and all formalities take place on the COPR itself. How does it matter anyway, since those visa exempt nationals don't have a visa at all, just a COPR? if they do this, then anyone with a valid COPR can travel to Canada straight away without this stupid back and forth...

This would save so much time, effort and money on all sides.

Duh ???!!! Crazy Canadians, eh? We will do it our way, eh? ;D ;D :D :D :p :p
Thanks Sid,

Yes, I am also hopeful that we will get a positive reply from CPP-O. Plz do let us know when ever you get a reply from CPPO. If I don't get a reply by 28th from CPPO, I will send my passport through my friend, who is travelling to Canada .I will give authorization letter and use of representative form along my passport. Another friend is coming back on 1st week of Feb..

Australia has much refined and very hassle free process. Lets hope, all this will be sorted out.

Many Thanks and All the best!

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Sid -

This response from chc New Delhi was expected because there was no communication from cpp-Ottawa to chc New Delhi . Besides, the person who replied was an agent and not an officer in New Delhi . As much as possible, Agents would just refer to the rule books available to them and provide responses.

I would suggest You to wait for response from cpp-Ottawa. I hope it will be posivitive.

All the best.

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
eds1275 said:
Sid -

This response from chc New Delhi was expected because there was no communication from cpp-Ottawa to chc New Delhi . Besides, the person who replied was an agent and not an officer in New Delhi . As much as possible, Agents would just refer to the rule books available to them and provide responses.

I would suggest You to wait for response from cpp-Ottawa. I hope it will be posivitive.

All the best.
thanks buddy..hope for the best :D

sjjhala

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
To whomsoever this may concern currently and in the future trolling this forum (and others)
(Especially CIC people / agents / wanna be agents)

This is my official apology and disclaimer that I did not, don't and will never intend to offend you or your department (CIC / CPP, etc). Kindly don't use my words in my previous posts on this and other threads to find reason(s) to reject my application.

It was what I felt at the moment of feeling it and not felt with any intention of calling anyone (especially you / cic / CPP) any derogatory names. I profusely apologize for any misunderstanding in this regard and request forgiveness. Where I currently reside (INDIA) one is free to voice ones opinions and I sure you will all take it sportingly..and not go about "investigating" and "narrowing down" my application and identity :) for any unwarranted purpose.

all in good faith..cheers :-* :-* :-*

kum1234

May 29, 2013
Guys,

Let me share my experience regards to Delhi office then you can decide whether it would be good to submit in india, new delhi or not?

I have received my original passport request on Sep 09th. I am in India, so my lawyer sent a email to CIC, Ottawa on the same day for requesting to submit the passports in India.

I have received their response on Oct 06th and provided another confirmation e-mail that I can submit my passports in any of the VFS Canada offices in India. They also mentioned in the email that I will get passports within 20 days from Delhi office.

I have Submitted my passport at my local VFS on Oct 11th and it was received by Canada high commission new delhi on Oct 14th.

Still I haven't received my pass port back. I tried to contact delhi office over the phone as well as e-mail but no response. Over the phone they say single word ' we will process as per timelines'.

It is really frusturating but nothing I can do except for waiting....

I saw couple of cases in this forum people who had submitted in new dlehi office got within 20 to 30 days but my case it took more than 2 months and still not yet received.

Overall I would like to say as of today it has taken 3 months starting from original PPR e-mail. please note that I didn't wasted single day from my end....

So please decide based on my situation then you can think of whether it would be better to submit in new delhi or going to Canada as a visitor visa or sending through friend...:) :p :mad:

Last but not least I do not have any format for sending to CIC because my lawyer sent an email and they don't share the email with me

Thanks

Please

mady_1982

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 -RCMP Requested
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
13-05-2013
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
@ kum1234 thanks for sharing ur scenario , hope things work for u soon

XBOX7

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
kum1234 said:
Guys,

Let me share my experience regards to Delhi office then you can decide whether it would be good to submit in india, new delhi or not?

I have received my original passport request on Sep 09th. I am in India, so my lawyer sent a email to CIC, Ottawa on the same day for requesting to submit the passports in India.

I have received their response on Oct 06th and provided another confirmation e-mail that I can submit my passports in any of the VFS Canada offices in India. They also mentioned in the email that I will get passports within 20 days from Delhi office.

I have Submitted my passport at my local VFS on Oct 11th and it was received by Canada high commission new delhi on Oct 14th.

Still I haven't received my pass port back. I tried to contact delhi office over the phone as well as e-mail but no response. Over the phone they say single word ' we will process as per timelines'.

It is really frusturating but nothing I can do except for waiting....

I saw couple of cases in this forum people who had submitted in new dlehi office got within 20 to 30 days but my case it took more than 2 months and still not yet received.

Overall I would like to say as of today it has taken 3 months starting from original PPR e-mail. please note that I didn't wasted single day from my end....

So please decide based on my situation then you can think of whether it would be better to submit in new delhi or going to Canada as a visitor visa or sending through friend...:) :p :mad:

Last but not least I do not have any format for sending to CIC because my lawyer sent an email and they don't share the email with me

Thanks

Please
Hey Kum,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I want to ask, under which program and category you applied for PR. I applied under FSW 2013 program. You got your PPR request in Sep and that pretty fast considering if you are also FSW 2013 applicant.

All the best. Hope to hear some good news from you soon!