+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Unpaid phone bill can affect on my Canada study permit acceptence?

Oct 2, 2023
Hell everyone, I am writing my study permit form to go back to Canada for my university's class which starts at 2024 january. However, I just remembered I had communication plan and it canceled eventually because of the delayed payment.

I paid that bill constantly for a while because customer centre said I need to pay fully of the price of my phone to pause my account so I did it. Not in a one time but split. But, because Because of the military issue which I have to serve during one year and nine month and the phone using restriction in military I coudln't pay the bill in time and the plan was canceled.

Is this can negatively effect on my Canada study permit acceptence? I mean student visa could refused because of this.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hell everyone, I am writing my study permit form to go back to Canada for my university's class which starts at 2024 january. However, I just remembered I had communication plan and it canceled eventually because of the delayed payment.

I paid that bill constantly for a while because customer centre said I need to pay fully of the price of my phone to pause my account so I did it. Not in a one time but split. But, because Because of the military issue which I have to serve during one year and nine month and the phone using restriction in military I coudln't pay the bill in time and the plan was canceled.

Is this can negatively effect on my Canada study permit acceptence? I mean student visa could refused because of this.
No an unpaid bill will not have an impact. You need to get your application in ASAP if you want to start in January.

Babucarr

Jul 10, 2023
I don’t see an issue. How much do you owe? Did a collections agency come after you? You can be honest in your SOP if you want.
I owe my phone bill and collection agency and me email about it, I have to extend my study permit I’m starting it this month next week. Will that affect me ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I owe my phone bill and collection agency and me email about it, I have to extend my study permit I’m starting it this month next week. Will that affect me ?
You need to show proof of funds/tuition paid so why not pay off your phone bill.

Babucarr

Jul 10, 2023
Yeah I will def pay it I’ll start paying it 19th Jan. I was just working on completing my tuition fees and now I’m done with it. But look man I’m graduation April and my study permit expires March 31st and when I came to Canada I was supposed to start my study Jan 2022 but i was not able to select my timetable so the school told me to defer it which i did to sep 2022 i also change my program man do you think they will approve the extension?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah I will def pay it I’ll start paying it 19th Jan. I was just working on completing my tuition fees and now I’m done with it. But look man I’m graduation April and my study permit expires March 31st and when I came to Canada I was supposed to start my study Jan 2022 but i was not able to select my timetable so the school told me to defer it which i did to sep 2022 i also change my program man do you think they will approve the extension?
If you have been full time with no breaks from the start of your program and show funds, extension should be approved

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It’ll definitely screw up your credit score . Cell phone bills are one of the bills reported to the credit companies.

Babucarr

Jul 10, 2023
If you have been full time with no breaks from the start of your program and show funds, extension should be approved
Yes I have been full time from the start and I paid all my first three semester fees and for the final one I just paid the tuition deposit