+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! Travel to India on e-visa right after oath without Surrender Certificate experience

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Online. In CGI, VFS sites.

I hope you read through that link, which I am pretty sure is not the case..
  • The online application for OCI must be completed and submitted online. The form can be filled up and submitting online at the below link: https://ociservices.gov.in/
  • Depending on the Jurisdiction you have to select the correct Indian High Commission / Consulate, The consular jurisdiction can be viewed at: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/usefphp
  • All the personal particulars / data entries of the OCI application should match with the current Passport. The name of parents & spouse should match as mentioned in their Indian Passport.
  • Once your online form is submit, photos and signatures uploaded on the OCI website, the form should be printed and submitted along with supported documents at BLS and not HCI/CGI directly. The documents you submit are self attested copies as per the checklist mentioned on the BLS website. The documents you submit you should take your originals with you. Most of the originals will be returned at the counter after verification. BLS may keep the Indian passport/surrender certificate and return them by courier (money making in the form of value added services).
  • Under no circumstance they are authorized to keep Canadian issued documents like Canadian passport and Citizenship Certificates.

lr108

Star Member
May 10, 2023
So looks like OCI is like a separate passport eh. Thought there would be some sort of stamping inside the Canadian passport.

Last edited:

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Did you submit for surrender before travelling to India? What was their excuse for it taking 2 months?

Any idea about applying for OCI also, and then traveling on e-visa? Would it keep processing in the background and be ready on return? Or would they stop processing if they do enquiry and find you're in India?
I had surendered my Indian passports here in Canada. We cannot surender our passports in India. I travelled with Canadian passport and no indian passport. And e-Visa which I had for 1 year.

beejsbj

May 31, 2023
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to apply for an e-visa, but I've not surrendered my passport yet because I'm travelling soon, I see many here say it's possible tousing a tourist visa. But as I'm filling out the form, it does ask if I have another passport, and I'm not sure how I should reply to this, because I plan not to use and surrender my Indian passport as soon as I return.

saravanaz89

May 5, 2015
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to apply for an e-visa, but I've not surrendered my passport yet because I'm travelling soon, I see many here say it's possible tousing a tourist visa. But as I'm filling out the form, it does ask if I have another passport, and I'm not sure how I should reply to this, because I plan not to use and surrender my Indian passport as soon as I return.
Hello beejsbj
Right now Im on the same boat as you. Can you let me know what did you answer for the question
Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held?

also how was immigration process in India ?

thanks

Bunny2590

Aug 10, 2023
Hello beejsb
Can you olease suggest what you have put in that part

YES or No

Bunny2590

Aug 10, 2023
Hello beejsbj
Right now Im on the same boat as you. Can you let me know what did you answer for the question

also how was immigration process in India ?

thanks

Can you please suggest what you have put yes or no?

Vikrant1

Oct 17, 2015
Hi, i am applying for my Surrender Certificat but have a question. In my passport i just have my parents first name as initials are not allowed in the Indian passport application. In all their government ids like aadhar, pan card ration card only their first name and initial is there. But recently they acquired their Inidan passport which has their full name. I contact embassy through Sampark site regarding this query and they simply replied saying please enter details as per your Indian passport. Will having just the first name of my parents on my surrender certificate cause any issues in future when applying for OCI?
Has anyone got any experience updating thero Surrender certificate and OCI?
Does anyone has any email to contact Toronto consulate?

Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, i am applying for my Surrender Certificat but have a question. In my passport i just have my parents first name as initials are not allowed in the Indian passport application. In all their government ids like aadhar, pan card ration card only their first name and initial is there. But recently they acquired their Inidan passport which has their full name. I contact embassy through Sampark site regarding this query and they simply replied saying please enter details as per your Indian passport. Will having just the first name of my parents on my surrender certificate cause any issues in future when applying for OCI?
Has anyone got any experience updating thero Surrender certificate and OCI?
Does anyone has any email to contact Toronto consulate?

Thank you!
You should put is as per your Indian passport as that gets validated as you applying for OCI as "Self" and not based on parents passport.