+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! Travel to India on e-visa right after oath without Surrender Certificate experience

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Normally yes, but as of today e-visa for Canadians is suspended until further notice.
Just to make sure, is surrender certificate mandatory for e-visa ? I read checklist and it says mandatory. Isn’t SC required for OCI?
I have my tickets booked in Dec for trip of 45 days.
Whats the quickest option to go for once visa services are resumed?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just to make sure, is surrender certificate mandatory for e-visa ? I read checklist and it says mandatory. Isn’t SC required for OCI?
I have my tickets booked in Dec for trip of 45 days.
Whats the quickest option to go for once visa services are resumed?
Don't keep your hopes high on e-visa coming back soon. Apply for surrender certificate and then OCI. You may have it before your trip in Dec.

Reactions: harneetk

GinoMangalan

Jul 3, 2014
Hi All,

I'm curious if anyone travelled to India right after oath without surrender certificate, and travelled on e-visa ?

I called e-visa helpline and they are saying at the immigration control in India, they will ask me to show that I've surrendered my Indian passport. Can someone confirm with your experience please ?

Thanks,

HI sajjarapu,
Were you able to get e-visa right after your oath without surrendering Indian passport? Were you able to travel smoothly? I'm also in the same situation and would like to know your experience.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
HI sajjarapu,
Were you able to get e-visa right after your oath without surrendering Indian passport? Were you able to travel smoothly? I'm also in the same situation and would like to know your experience.
After Oath one needs Citizenship Certificate and after that one needs to apply for Canadian passport. Only once Canadian passport is received one can apply for eVisa.
For eVisa you do not need Surrender Certificate.
Another way is like what @nivaan5 did is to travel on Indian passport instead and complete the surrender formalities in India as well. Follow his post