+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Urgent* Study permit waiting - Applied on 19th June!

Jul 23, 2014
Hi,

I have an offer from University of Toronto (PhD Chemistry) and had applied for a student permit on 19th June 2014 at Mumbai VFS. The estimated processing time of 3 weeks has passed, it's more than a month now and I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Final travel date to Canada is 23rd August but I need my passport to travel to Sri Lanka on 1st August.

- The VFS tracking still shows that it is under processing at New Delhi
- The case-specific portal for enquiry is not working and giving an error: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address"
- I sent an email to delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca to request to expedite my process and did not get any reply for 4 days. I sent another mail asking if I can withdraw my passport so I can travel outside India (I attached my flight ticket to Lanka) before my final travel to Canada. No reply yet.
- I called the Mumbai VFS office, but they cannot be of any help and it's not in their hands.
- I called the Delhi High Commission number, but it is automated and the machine again tells me to email them.
- From the forum, I can also see many other Indian students waiting for their visas for more than 50 days......

Any advice? I have applied for worker's permit to Canada twice before and it was always processed on time. Never seen Canadian embassy take so long.

Appreciate any suggestions,
Advait

Feb 12, 2024
Keewaywin
Category........
STUDY
Hi,
In cases like these, persistence is key. Continue reaching out to the VFS, the case-specific portal (once it's functional), and the email address you've used. Additionally, consider contacting the University of Toronto's international student services for assistance. Express the urgency of your situation due to upcoming travel plans. If possible, consult with an immigration advisor to explore alternative options or escalate the matter.