Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
I have applied outland spousal sponsorship for my wife in the month of April. My wife had received a medical request in July. However, 2 days before her medical exam she was hospitalized and diagnosed with mild stroke, hypertension and high creatinine. She was in the hospital for 4 days and discharged, she is currently recovering and doing better. However, she had to take up the medical test by August 10. She finally gave her medical test on 8 August and as expected, her creatinine was high (2.75) and there was protein found in her urine, her BP was normal. Her GFR in the report says 21.7. However, her ultrasound scans suggest that it is "Grade 1 Parenchymal Changes"

She is currently on medications and we have already consulted a nephrologist and following his advice with kidney friendly diet and lifestyle changes, medications. The nephrologist we have consulted prior to the medical exam has told that she is not in an advanced stage of CKD and her creatinine might come down depending on her diet and medications. My wife received an email from the hospital today and she is asked to see a nephrologist.

Can anyone help me in understanding what is the next process from here on and if there's any challenges in passing her medical exam? I have read that there is an exception to medical inadmissibility for spouses and children (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html)

Can someone help me understand if this is the case with exception or will there be further investigation? I am just praying that my wife won't be medically inadmissible to Canada as that would be totally devastating to us :confused:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied outland spousal sponsorship for my wife in the month of April. My wife had received a medical request in July. However, 2 days before her medical exam she was hospitalized and diagnosed with mild stroke, hypertension and high creatinine. She was in the hospital for 4 days and discharged, she is currently recovering and doing better. However, she had to take up the medical test by August 10. She finally gave her medical test on 8 August and as expected, her creatinine was high (2.75) and there was protein found in her urine, her BP was normal. Her GFR in the report says 21.7. However, her ultrasound scans suggest that it is "Grade 1 Parenchymal Changes"

She is currently on medications and we have already consulted a nephrologist and following his advice with kidney friendly diet and lifestyle changes, medications. The nephrologist we have consulted prior to the medical exam has told that she is not in an advanced stage of CKD and her creatinine might come down depending on her diet and medications. My wife received an email from the hospital today and she is asked to see a nephrologist.

Can anyone help me in understanding what is the next process from here on and if there's any challenges in passing her medical exam? I have read that there is an exception to medical inadmissibility for spouses and children (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html)

Can someone help me understand if this is the case with exception or will there be further investigation? I am just praying that my wife won't be medically inadmissible to Canada as that would be totally devastating to us :confused:
I sincerely hope that your wife is going to be ok!

Regarding your question, it would appear that she would NOT be deemed medically inadmissible:

Exceptions to medical inadmissibility

Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if they have a condition that might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(1)].

However, there is an exception to this medical inadmissibility.
The following individuals cannot be found inadmissible on grounds that they might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(2)(a), R24]:

• a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • a sponsored child or child to be adopted
  • a dependent child of a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
----
The exception is only for a condition that might cause excessive demand on the health care and/or social services system. If her condition is a danger to public health or to public safety (such as active TB), the exception would probably not apply to her.

As always, please wait for others to offer their opinion.

Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

She will have to declare all her medical issues if she has already had her medical done. If she has had her medical already she should send a webform to IRCC updating her recent diagnosi.Spouses don’t need to meet the excessive demand in terms of the cost for medical treatment. Only big medical requirement is that they treat communicable diseases before entering Canada.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Hello

When you go back to the Panel Physician, submit all other reports you did like a Biopsy, Doppler, Blood work etc

Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I sincerely hope that your wife is going to be ok!

Regarding your question, it would appear that she would NOT be deemed medically inadmissible:

Exceptions to medical inadmissibility

Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if they have a condition that might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(1)].

However, there is an exception to this medical inadmissibility.
The following individuals cannot be found inadmissible on grounds that they might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(2)(a), R24]:

• a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • a sponsored child or child to be adopted
  • a dependent child of a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
----
The exception is only for a condition that might cause excessive demand on the health care and/or social services system. If her condition is a danger to public health or to public safety (such as active TB), the exception would probably not apply to her.

As always, please wait for others to offer their opinion.

Good luck!
Hi

Quick question here? Isn't high Creat not deemed medically inadmissible? I have read that the cause of high creat in some cases could be due to CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease?

Would appreciate any insights on this

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

Quick question here? Isn't high Creat not deemed medically inadmissible? I have read that the cause of high creat in some cases could be due to CKD - Chronic Kidney Disease?

Thanks
This discussion isn't relevant to your situation.

The OP is being sponsored through spousal sponsorship / family class. Spouses being sponsored through family class are exempt from medical inadmissibility due to kidney related issues / disease.

Reactions: BA101

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi

Thanks
You are posting the question in the family sponsorship section. The OP (original poster) is already PR/citizen and was sponsoring his/her spouse. So medical inadmissibility because of high medical cost do not apply to spouse in this case.

You are a foreign worker and trying to get PR with your family. Your spouse needs to past medical before the family is eligible for PR.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
This discussion isn't relevant to your situation.

The OP is being sponsored through spousal sponsorship / family class. Spouses being sponsored through family class are exempt from medical inadmissibility due to kidney related issues / disease.
Thank you Scylla. I was just reading the same on the link. I think my category is diff

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Scylla. I was just reading the same on the link. I think my category is diff
Your category is definitely different. The link is for spousal sponsorship applications only. Your situation does not fall uder spousal sponsorship / family class. Your application is an economic immigration application.