+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Regarding new POF requirement 2024

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
Hello,
I am an express entry applicant. Following are my details
ITA received - 14th Feb 2024
AOR- 6th April 2024
Awaiting an update on my application since then.

As per new IRCC POF requirements, we need to show 14690CAD in our funds, however while submitting the application, I showed 14100CAD (which was more than required at that point and I showed all my savings). Will I need to update my account to meet the new requirement?
If yes, isn't it unfair because I planned my expenses and savings accordingly.

This is extremely urgent, can someone help me with this. I'm worried

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I am an express entry applicant. Following are my details
ITA received - 14th Feb 2024
AOR- 6th April 2024
Awaiting an update on my application since then.

As per new IRCC POF requirements, we need to show 14690CAD in our funds, however while submitting the application, I showed 14100CAD (which was more than required at that point and I showed all my savings). Will I need to update my account to meet the new requirement?
If yes, isn't it unfair because I planned my expenses and savings accordingly.

This is extremely urgent, can someone help me with this. I'm worried
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

If you had just read the rules then you would know what the requirements are.

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
Yep, you'd better update it. You need to have a valid amount of funds during the whole application process up to your arrival to Canada.

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
Yep, you'd better update it. You need to have a valid amount of funds during the whole application process up to your arrival to Canada.
But the requirement at the time when I submitted my application was different. I have got no intimation from IRCC to update my bank statement, shall I wait for them to ask me for the same or shall I add the remaining funds, take out a new statement and send them the new one on my via Webform without them having to ask

priyankabhalla

Mar 12, 2024
I know what the requirements are..perhaps my question wasn't very clear.
I was meeting the requirements for POF at the time when I submitted my application. Now the requirement has changed and I want to know what needs to be done..
I heard others say that once the application gets submitted, it gets locked in and the new rules won't be be applicable for me
Others are saying that I should add the remaining funds according to the new requirement and send it to IRCC but they haven't even asked me to update my bank statement yet.

So I am just comfused

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was meeting the requirements for POF at the time when I submitted my application. Now the requirement has changed and I want to know what needs to be done..
I heard others say that once the application gets submitted, it gets locked in and the new rules won't be be applicable for me
Others are saying that I should add the remaining funds according to the new requirement and send it to IRCC but they haven't even asked me to update my bank statement yet.

So I am just comfused
You should be locked in with AOR. If you are asked to show the additional $500 then IRCC should ask you.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

So I am just comfused
The updated POF requirement doesnt impact already submitted application