05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015 additional test done on 08-08-2015 dependent PC &relation proof sent on 08-09-15 dependent Fingerprint done 10-09-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
I sponsored my parents and my brother as their dependent. Just received an email that

I am not satisfied that XXX meets the definition of a dependent child, as I am not satisfied you have established his relationship to you. You have submitted little documentation predating your application for permanent residence on which you are named as the father. While you have submitted a translation of his birth certificate, you have not submitted a copy of the original Urdu certificate.
You are required to submit a copy of XXX's original Urdu birth certificate, accompanied by a notarized English translation, as well as his school documents and any other documentation you feel would establish his relationship to you.

I also need to provide them Police certificate from Pakistan.

1- My question is, my brother is in Canada since last two yrs. he came as a student and is now on a work permit. Do I need to provide a police certificate from canada as well?

2- Can they reject all family's application if they are not satisfied?

3- What other documents can Isubmit for a proof of relationship?

TIA

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
Picky said:
I sponsored my parents and my brother as their dependent. Just received an email that

I am not satisfied that XXX meets the definition of a dependent child, as I am not satisfied you have established his relationship to you. You have submitted little documentation predating your application for permanent residence on which you are named as the father. While you have submitted a translation of his birth certificate, you have not submitted a copy of the original Urdu certificate.
You are required to submit a copy of XXX's original Urdu birth certificate, accompanied by a notarized English translation, as well as his school documents and any other documentation you feel would establish his relationship to you.

Hi Picky,

How did you prove relationship? Do you have any experience with DNA testing in Pakistan? Thanks in advance

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Picky said:

I also need to provide them Police certificate from Pakistan.

1- My question is, my brother is in Canada since last two yrs. he came as a student and is now on a work permit. Do I need to provide a police certificate from canada as well?

2- Can they reject all family's application if they are not satisfied?

3- What other documents can Isubmit for a proof of relationship?

TIA

I'm confused, how are you sponsoring your brother as your own child? Or is this email intended for your parents?

guddakaka

Jan 25, 2014
Hi Picky,

How did you prove the relationship? Do you have any experience with DNA testing in Pakistan? Thanks in advance

TAhmad

Sep 28, 2015
Hi Picky, I received the similar letter from CIC. I have sponsored my parents and my two sister as their dependent. Originally I have provided them, birth certificates issued my NADRA (govt of punjab). But they are asking for original Urdu version. I am not sure if we can find them. Wondering what did you provide them after their letter. ?
Did you get the letter by email ? I got the letter today and it says provide documents with 30 day. but the date on the latter is 3rd Sep; and today is 28th when I received the email. So I am confused by when I am supposed to provide them the additional documents.

Thanks.
TAhmad

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Picky and TAhmed, read the following very carefully:

For every urdu orginal document, you have to submit its TRUE ENGLISH translation.
Proof of relationship can be expressed by the following methods and which we did earlier and successfully passed:

1) original B-form with true english translation
2) original birth certificates of dependents (if in urdu then it's true english translation is necessary)
3) original old or current cnic of sponsor, principal applicant, spouse and dependents(if any)
4) original birth certificate of sponsor (if its in urdu then it's true english translation is also necessary)
5) old family pictures
6) Nadra FRC (family registration certificate) it's optional if you submitted original B-form then FRC is not required

No need of any DNA testing stuff!

Best of luck, hope it helps in your case.

Thanks.

khanbravo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
For police certificates:

yes, provide police certificates from past 2 years as well as from pakistan city area where he/she resided before from xyz date to xyz date.

usually, they require police clearance from the age of 18 to the current status. also the number of addresses you have mentioned in form. each area falls under separate police clearance. in ur case,i think 2 police certificate woould be enough, one from canada and one from pak(isl)

Thanks.

Picky

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015 additional test done on 08-08-2015 dependent PC &relation proof sent on 08-09-15 dependent Fingerprint done 10-09-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
Aquakitty said:
I'm confused, how are you sponsoring your brother as your own child? Or is this email intended for your parents?
This email was addressed to my father (principal applicant) and my brother was under 18 at the time of sponsorship

Picky

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
guddakaka said:
Hi Picky,

How did you prove the relationship? Do you have any experience with DNA testing in Pakistan? Thanks in advance
Been out of touch with this thread. We included notarized copies of the following:

1- original Pakistani police certificate
2. Copy of birth certificate in Urdu
3. English translation of birth certificate
4. copy of National Identity Card
5. copy of Certificate of Domicile
6. copy of Permanent Residence Certificate
7. copy of father's Certificate of Domicile
8. Copy of University Degree
9. Copy of University Transcript
10. Copy of University Enrollment Card
11. Copy of Certificate of Registration (Pakistan Engineering council)
12. Copy of Higher Secondary Certificate
13. Copy of Statement of Marks for his Higher Secondary education
14. Copy of Provisional Certificate (issued by XXX Higher Secondary School)
15. Copy of recent Passport’s first page
16. Copy of B form

Picky

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
khanbravo said:
Picky and TAhmed, read the following very carefully:

For every urdu orginal document, you have to submit its TRUE ENGLISH translation.
Proof of relationship can be expressed by the following methods and which we did earlier and successfully passed:

1) original B-form with true english translation
2) original birth certificates of dependents (if in urdu then it's true english translation is necessary)
3) original old or current cnic of sponsor, principal applicant, spouse and dependents(if any)
4) original birth certificate of sponsor (if its in urdu then it's true english translation is also necessary)
5) old family pictures
6) Nadra FRC (family registration certificate) it's optional if you submitted original B-form then FRC is not required

No need of any DNA testing stuff!

Best of luck, hope it helps in your case.

Thanks.
Thanks for the response. We sent them notarized copies of all the educational docs we could find in addition to the birth cert, domiciles n B form. They specifically asked for copies and mentioned that there is no need to send originals unless asked. As for the police cert we only sent a Pakistani police cert as it was clearly mentioned but after few days they emailed for my brother's fingerprints clearance from RCMP.
Now waiting for a letter that was sent on 15-09-2015 (according to ecas) but we havent rcvd it yet. Have requested gcms notes. Sent a couple of case specific enquiries but no reply yet.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Picky said:
Thanks for the response. We sent them notarized copies of all the educational docs we could find in addition to the birth cert, domiciles n B form. They specifically asked for copies and mentioned that there is no need to send originals unless asked. As for the police cert we only sent a Pakistani police cert as it was clearly mentioned but after few days they emailed for my brother's fingerprints clearance from RCMP.
Now waiting for a letter that was sent on 15-09-2015 (according to ecas) but we havent rcvd it yet. Have requested gcms notes. Sent a couple of case specific enquiries but no reply yet.
So there's nothing CIC can do when you call them? It's been a month since it was sent so there must be something wrong.

Picky

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
SamHom said:
So there's nothing CIC can do when you call them? It's been a month since it was sent so there must be something wrong.
Cic call centre agent says they cant access the file as it is in london office. Contacted local MP, but they are not taking any immigration related appointments until after elections. Now waiting for gcms notes or a reply to my case specific enquiry, whichever comes first.