File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no urgent processing available for citizenship applications. Are you asking about renewing your PR card?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
rB77 said:
Has anybody applied for urgent processing? How long does it typically take?
I wish...

rB77

May 9, 2013
It's a replacement certificate (lost original) .. I applied with "Urgent" on the envelope and a letter explaining why. Assuming they find it to be an acceptable reason.. how long would it typically take? At this point all I can do is wait but I'm just curious..

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
they do not say anything about urgent processing times

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp

but if you have a valid reason I am almost positive they can do it for you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Suin said:
they do not say anything about urgent processing times
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp
but if you have a valid reason I am almost positive they can do it for you.
There is urgent processing available for proof of citizenship applications (I originally assumed this was a citizenship application which has no urgent processing). Details for the expedite process are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/urgent-proof.asp

Unfortunately I have no idea how quicly they provide turn around for expedite requests.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
one more link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=024&t=4

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
rB77 said:
Has anybody applied for urgent processing? How long does it typically take?
No urgent processing as of i know . Pay taxes for 5 years and then take citizenship.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
No urgent processing as of i know . Pay taxes for 5 years and then take citizenship.
I've seen someone reported successful urgent application result, it took him 12 months instead of usual 1.5-2 years to get citizenship in Montreal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp13-eng.pdf

Pages 27-28:

10. Policy on urgent application cases

10.1. This section is about
This section is about what an ''urgent'' case is and how to handle them.

10.2. When a case is urgent
Applications for proof of citizenship, search of citizenship records for Canadian citizens, resumptions, and applications for grant of citizenship are expedited if documents support the need for urgency in the following situations:
• a request is received from the office of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
• the applicants need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot obtain a passport in their present nationality (which includes the Canadian passport);
• the applicants have been in Canada for 1,095 days or more and face loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not Canadian citizens;
• the applicants are Canadian citizens and face the loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not in possession of a document establishing Canadian citizenship;
• an application delayed due to an administrative error;
• an applicant for grant of citizenship whose appeal to the Federal Court is successful;
• any situation in which not expediting the citizenship application harms the applicant, such as the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date;
• the applicants need a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension, Social Insurance Number or health care.

10.3. Required documents
Documents must support urgent case requests. For instance, for an applicant facing the loss of employment or employment opportunity, the applicant must submit a letter from the employer.
The letter should say that the applicants will lose employment or potential employment if they are not Canadian citizens. The letter must also say why Canadian Citizenship is a job requirement, and why the employer cannot make other arrangements.
Note:
Even in urgent cases, clients must still demonstrate they meet all the requirements of citizenship and provide all necessary documentation.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
EasyRider said:
I've seen someone reported successful urgent application result, it took him 12 months instead of usual 1.5-2 years to get citizenship in Montreal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp13-eng.pdf

Pages 27-28:

10. Policy on urgent application cases

10.1. This section is about
This section is about what an ''urgent'' case is and how to handle them.

10.2. When a case is urgent
Applications for proof of citizenship, search of citizenship records for Canadian citizens, resumptions, and applications for grant of citizenship are expedited if documents support the need for urgency in the following situations:
• a request is received from the office of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
• the applicants need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot obtain a passport in their present nationality (which includes the Canadian passport);
• the applicants have been in Canada for 1,095 days or more and face loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not Canadian citizens;
• the applicants are Canadian citizens and face the loss of employment or employment opportunity because they are not in possession of a document establishing Canadian citizenship;
• an application delayed due to an administrative error;
• an applicant for grant of citizenship whose appeal to the Federal Court is successful;
• any situation in which not expediting the citizenship application harms the applicant, such as the need to renounce foreign citizenship by a certain date;
• the applicants need a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension, Social Insurance Number or health care.

10.3. Required documents
Documents must support urgent case requests. For instance, for an applicant facing the loss of employment or employment opportunity, the applicant must submit a letter from the employer.
The letter should say that the applicants will lose employment or potential employment if they are not Canadian citizens. The letter must also say why Canadian Citizenship is a job requirement, and why the employer cannot make other arrangements.
Note:
Even in urgent cases, clients must still demonstrate they meet all the requirements of citizenship and provide all necessary documentation.

This is very very Informative . Thanks for sharing it :) .