+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

Max00

Mar 4, 2021
Having a job offer from overseas , does it help to request urgent processing and speed up the application ?
anyone has a successful case , please share

Reactions: novascotia27

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Having a job offer from overseas , does it help to request urgent processing and speed up the application ?
What my understanding is from the people from this forum is that the job has to be where you would need Canadian citizenship because you have to have a security clearance from Canadian government.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi, I'm new here.

I applied for urgent processing on 10-August-2020 via webform, it was denied. I needed UP to accelerate the process and secure my job in the US as TN-1. IRCC website doesn't specify that job opportunities must be in Canada. My employer wrote a letter that I must be a Canadian. IRCC didn't approve the applications, so if you have a similar situation, don't waste your time
I am not sure that was a wise decision to go to IRCC and ask them to help moving to another country (even on temporary basis) for work. I agree there are no explicit rules against this, but you should have known that it is risky and may not go well. Remember, even there was a law against such a intention as well. My sense is that even though the law/rule is gone, sentiment is still there (after all, laws are enacted by people).

Please don't get me wrong, I am not for or against it as I don't understand well enough and everyone's situation is different. But I am just saying that there seems to be this sentiment and there is a risk and you should not have done that.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Since it has been 10 months, I am assuming they aren't processing you urgently.

Maybe you should reach out to your MP if you feel you have a strong case.
I think he mis-typed it but he applied for UP in August 2021 and not Aug 2020.

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
I am not sure that was a wise decision to go to IRCC and ask them to help moving to another country (even on temporary basis) for work. I agree there are no explicit rules against this, but you should have known that it is risky and may not go well. Remember, even there was a law against such a intention as well. My sense is that even though the law/rule is gone, sentiment is still there (after all, laws are enacted by people).

Please don't get me wrong, I am not for or against it as I don't understand well enough and everyone's situation is different. But I am just saying that there seems to be this sentiment and there is a risk and you should not have done that.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We learn from experience and mistakes. If this is the case, it doesn't sound optimistic. Is there an obligation to stay and live in Canada while the application is under consideration?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We learn from experience and mistakes. If this is the case, it doesn't sound optimistic. Is there an obligation to stay and live in Canada while the application is under consideration?
How do you know your request was denied??

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
How do you know your request was denied??
I submitted UP via webform on 10-August-2021, then I received a message that says "We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent processing request and have forwarded it to the responsible office" on 17-August-2021. Then I heard nothing from them

On 20-August-2021 I called the Call center 10 thousand times using 1 (888) 242-2100, and asked about the status of my urgent processing. And an operator read the comments from an immigration officer. Similar to what Wink said: a) we don't care about the US and b) use your foreign passport and PR card to travel / return to Canada

Note: Call Center doesn't see web forms and attachments until you receive a confirmation via email (e.g. "We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent processing..."). If you don't have it then it's either still under consideration or denied

Reactions: funloving

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I submitted UP via webform on 10-August-2021, then I received a message that says "We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent processing request and have forwarded it to the responsible office" on 17-August-2021. Then I heard nothing from them

On 20-August-2021 I called the Call center 10 thousand times using 1 (888) 242-2100, and asked about the status of my urgent processing. And an operator read the comments from an immigration officer. Similar to what Wink said: a) we don't care about the US and b) use your foreign passport and PR card to travel / return to Canada

Note: Call Center doesn't see web forms and attachments until you receive a confirmation via email (e.g. "We verified the information you provided regarding your urgent processing..."). If you don't have it then it's either still under consideration or denied
Ok got it, so you are saying that if you get a confirmation email, most likely it was denied? and if you don't get the confirmation email, it is under consideration or has been approved?

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
What extension to use when calling IRCC? I tried everything; always we can't transfer your call? what a horrible customer service after all of the money we paid for processing!
I called them in the morning (8am sharp) or 3.30-4.00. They actually answer calls after 4pm if you hold the line

Sometimes they change extensions. On 10-September-2021 I used 1 (888) 242-2100 -> press 1 -> input UCI with # at the end -> press 1 to confirm -> press 1 -> press 2 -> press 0. If it says "We're experiencing bla-bla", end the call, start over again. If it says "Your call will be transferred..." you are lucky

Reactions: funloving

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Ok got it, so you are saying that if you get a confirmation email, most likely it was denied? and if you don't get the confirmation email, it is under consideration or has been approved?
Nope. I'm saying that if you get a confirmation email then your web form was transferred to an immigration officer. It's similar to AOR. An officer will approve or deny it. If they approve, they will contact you. If they deny then you will not hear from them

Reactions: novascotia27

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
For a certificate, you should ask them.
For Passports, urgent processing is available for an extra fee. Details on Canada Passport Page.
  • urgent pick-up: by the end of the next business day
  • express pick-up: 2 to 9 business days
Thank you for your reply.
How do i apply for urgent processing of the citizenship certificate?

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
I called them in the morning (8am sharp) or 3.30-4.00. They actually answer calls after 4pm if you hold the line

Sometimes they change extensions. On 10-September-2021 I used 1 (888) 242-2100 -> press 1 -> input UCI with # at the end -> press 1 to confirm -> press 1 -> press 2 -> press 0. If it says "We're experiencing bla-bla", end the call, start over again. If it says "Your call will be transferred..." you are lucky
Thanks; that's pretty much what I do everyday!

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
There is no straight answer to this. It depends on the type of the job. We got it processed for one of our employees because he was in a very niche skill set and his frequent travel to Outside Canada was aligned with Canadian interests. Our legal team prepared a strong case and his application was approved
I tried and IRCC refused it
The only chance for an overseas job offer is if it is an intracompany transfer and a strong business case. The company needs to have a strong Business Presence in both Canada and overseas.

Reactions: Max00