+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

SAZimbo

Apr 28, 2016
A quick note on my experience, in case this helps someone.

Sent Application 12 July 2021 with urgent processing request
In process 16 July
Background verification complete 26 July
Citizenship Test Invitation 10 August
Took online Citizenship Test 16 August. Results Same Day. Updated on the system as Complete 2 days later
Passport request to verify physical presence 27 August. Sent copies of every passport page by courier the same day. By my count, I had about 30 extra days over the required minimum. Maybe that was cutting it too close?
Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence complete 10 September
Oath Ceremony Invite 12 September
Oath Ceremony 14 Septemeber
Citizenship certificate received 16 September. Applied for passport same day :)

All in all a little over 2 months. Super grateful for that. The icing on the cake is that they send the new citizens' details to Elections Canada right after the ceremony, so I will be able to vote this weekend! So excited about that.

My urgent processing request was based on business requirements to have US or Canadian citizenship for a US-based project we are working on at work. There was no communication whatsoever to confirm urgent request approval, I could only guess from the pace that it was approved. My takeaway after going through this is there is a lot of luck around your case landing in the right hands at the right time. All you can do on your end is to respond to test invite and any requests as quickly as you can and hope for the best. All the best to everyone, and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread before. It really helped me manage my process.

Last edited:

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
A quick note on my experience, in case this helps someone.

Sent Application 12 July 2021 with urgent processing request
In process 16 July
Background verification complete 26 July
Citizenship Test Invitation 10 August
Took online Citizenship Test 16 August. Results Same Day. Updated on the system as Complete 2 days later
Passport request to verify physical presence 27 August. Sent copies of every passport page by courier the same day. By my count, I had about 30 extra days over the required minimum. Maybe that was cutting it too close?
Prohibitions, Language and Physical Presence complete 10 September
Oath Ceremony Invite 12 September
Oath Ceremony 14 Septemeber

All in all a little over 2 months. Super grateful for that. The icing on the cake is that they send the new citizens' details to Elections Canada right after the ceremony, so I will be able to vote this weekend! So excited about that.

My urgent processing request was based on business requirements to have US or Canadian citizenship for a US-based project we are working on at work. There was no communication whatsoever to confirm urgent request approval, I could only guess from the pace that it was approved. My takeaway after going through this is there is a lot of luck around your case landing in the right hands at the right time. All you can do on your end is to respond to test invite and any requests as quickly as you can and hope for the best. All the best to everyone, and thanks to all who have contributed to this thread before. It really helped me manage my process.
This is amazing! I have a similar situation, but my UP application was denied. Can you please share what you wrote in a letter of explanation or a letter from the employer?

Thanks!

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
This is amazing! I have a similar situation, but my UP application was denied. Can you please share what you wrote in a letter of explanation or a letter from the employer?

Thanks!
Hi

How do u know if UP was denied or accepted?

SAZimbo

Apr 28, 2016

Thanks!

I included documentation from the client clearly outlining the requirement to staff only US/Canadian citizens on the projects. Then a letter from my employer basically saying I am the guy in that role and they would potentially lose a client if they can't staff me on that project. Like I said, probably 90% luck on whose desk your application lands on, and in what mood they are in that day. It sounds like you are close to the finish from your timeline, all the best.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I included documentation from the client clearly outlining the requirement to staff only US/Canadian citizens on the projects. Then a letter from my employer basically saying I am the guy in that role and they would potentially lose a client if they can't staff me on that project. Like I said, probably 90% luck on whose desk your application lands on, and in what mood they are in that day. It sounds like you are close to the finish from your timeline, all the best.
Is the job inside Canada?

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
How do u know if UP was denied or accepted?
I contacted the Call centre and asked about my UP request, an operator told me it's denied and read comments from an immigration officer

Thank you for sharing your story! And thank you for your kind words. Cheers!

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Update: we submitted an urgent processing request due to a death in the family (Husband side) Aug 27th (resent later Sep 14th due to no response). They responded Sep 15th saying they forwarded the request to local office (Kitchener) - Local office today sent an email to my husband saying they'll schedule him for test in the next available time.

Will update here if they sent anything else.

My question here do you think they'll schedule me too as we sent our apps together?

Reactions: TasmanianTiger

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi guys

I got this email today. Is this generic?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Hi guys

I got this email today. Is this generic?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
No it is not; I see you have submitted an UP request and they forwarded this to local office. Now local office will review the request and let you know by email or call if they're not satisfied. Good luck

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
No it is not; I see you have submitted an UP request and they forwarded this to local office. Now local office will review the request and let you know by email or call if they're not satisfied. Good luck
Thank you for your answer

How long does it usually take to get email from local office?