+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Need help about CEC class

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I need help about Canadian experience class category:

I have 6 months experience as a visiting research scholar on TFW (with work permit and SIN) with under C44 rule as an award recipient(with LMO exempt) by common wealth scholarship.
Now, I found employer who can give me skilled B job after getting 6 months experience can I eligible to apply under CEC. I mean total it will be 12 months of experience.

My question is that visiting research scholar is counted under CEC class but it was scholarship as a TFW on work permit (No Bonded)?

Please I need your advice.

Thanks very much for your time.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
aquarius1 said:
Hi guys,

I have 6 months experience as a visiting research scholar on TFW (with work permit and SIN) with under C44 rule as an award recipient(with LMO exempt) by common wealth scholarship.
Now, I found employer who can give me skilled B job after getting 6 months experience can I eligible to apply under CEC. I mean total it will be 12 months of experience.

My question is that visiting research scholar is counted under CEC class but it was scholarship as a TFW on work permit (No Bonded)?

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
My personal opinion: it may count, if you will get a reference letter from your previous job (where you were visiting research scholar) where you supervisor will write that you were EMPLOYED (including that you were working 40 hours per week, using computers and equipment of your university, and this was not self-employment)
However, there is no 100%
This may be useful for you (this is about postdocs, but related to your situation): http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/information-for-postdocs-t183937.0.html;msg2879200#msg2879200
If you need, I can give you a contact of good lawyer who helped me (send me a message)

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Hello

As far as I am concern, commonwealth scholarship recipients are not eligible. So, I guess your previous experience might not get counted.
Thanks

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
aquarius1 said:
Hi guys,

If it was PAID WORK EXPERIEnCE and your NOC falls on the eligible NOCs then you can use it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aquarius1 said:

Are there any conditions attached to the scholarship / permit that you must return to your country at the end? If so, you may not be able to use the experience. (Students on common-wealth scholarships are not eligible for post-graduate work permits, so there may also be some condition attached to your work permit as well.

You understand that you cannot work for a different employer with your existing work permit> Your new employer will have to apply for an LMO, and if successful you will have to get a new work permit, BEFORE you can start working. Your existing work permit is valid only for the scholar position.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
cee12345 said:
If it was PAID WORK EXPERIEnCE and your NOC falls on the eligible NOCs then you can use it.
Hi
Thanks to reply me.
It was paid by scholarship (lumsump amount for six months in first two week) and for that I have to get first SIN number and then I gave my SIN number to my university (Employer) and then they provide me check of this lumsump amount.

I had first work permit which was expire within 2.5 months and then I applied 2nd work permit it was for 3.5 months. (total six months schloarship).

When I came canada I had work permit W1 worker visa and my work permit only for 2.5 months
for first work permit 2.5 months; employer: University and occupation : Biologist and Related Scientist for first work permit

and then I applied my 2nd work permit within canada for next remaining 3.5 months and I got my 2nd work permit.
for 2nd work permit 3.5 months; employer :University and occupation : Visiting Research scholar for 2nd work permit

Is this work experience will be counted towards Canadian experience class?

Please help me guys.

Thanks very much once again for your time.