+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent medical help ! Student Visa ! Ecg and blood pressure

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Hey please help
I just completed my medical today for study visa.
They told my heart rate and pulse is not normal and did extra ecg test.( Paid extra for it)
Now what if my ecg report is also not normal.
What issue will I gave ! Visa rejection m they medical inform me about this before submitting my medical to ircc ?.
Please help.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If you paid extra for the ECG, I think you can request for a copy of that report, since it's not part of the standard IRCC test. As to how this affects your application, no one can really tell until the result is out. If it's a minor/transient issue, it will probably not negatively affect your application at all.

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
If you paid extra for the ECG, I think you can request for a copy of that report, since it's not part of the standard IRCC test. As to how this affects your application, no one can really tell until the result is out. If it's a minor/transient issue, it will probably not negatively affect your application at all.
What if in the worst case. Hope it doesn't but. If in case my ecg report is not normal ( ecg is heart Beats ) and blood pressure is not normal what consequences do I have to face ??? Issue in visa ? Please guide

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Honestly there is nothing you can do until you receive the report. Did the medical report sent to IRCC state issues and need for ECG? If so, yes IRCC may have further questions.
No report is not submitted yet. They told they will give ecg report and inform me.

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Happened to me 3 years ago. IRCC did not reject me, they only made sure I did the upfront medical for my SDS application. I had a series of additional tests and the doctor even gave me maintenance for my heart. But then, each cases are different.
So you got your ecg abnormal ? Can't we re take ecg ? I was nervous at that time maybe that's the issue

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
So you got your ecg abnormal ? Can't we re take ecg ? I was nervous at that time maybe that's the issue
I did not just retake my ECG, but I did a lot of stress tests and other cardio test for about three months after I did my upfront. My cardiologist was surprised, though, because while doing the thread mill tests I never complained of any chest pains although my blood pressure and my pulse rate were already in the red. But 3yrs after, here I am with no health problems whatsoever.

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Don't be so nervous in medical IRCC check if student is suffering from any serious disease which will put strain on Canadian government like cancer or dialysis. In your actual report you'll find that how much percent your kidney is working properly.

Dharmikdonda111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Don't be so nervous in medical IRCC check if student is suffering from any serious disease which will put strain on Canadian government like cancer or dialysis. In your actual report you'll find that how much percent your kidney is working properly.
I don't have any diseases which is contagious ( spreading ). Even I was shocked when they told I have to to do ecg because my heart rate is not usual. I am tensed About my visa now

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey please help
I just completed my medical today for study visa.
They told my heart rate and pulse is not normal and did extra ecg test.( Paid extra for it)
Now what if my ecg report is also not normal.
What issue will I gave ! Visa rejection m they medical inform me about this before submitting my medical to ircc ?.
Please help.
I am not a doctor AND I cann't give medical advice.
That said, here is what usually happens.

They find some abnormality in your pulse rate OR blood pressure OR they hear some murmur in your heart. What hospital will do during that visit of yours is that they will ask one or more test. That is usually ECG. IF there was an issue in ECG test -- which is rather very obvious when they take it as the machine itself tells it, they will do even more test, usually a 2-D echo. IF there was high blood pressure a kidney function test is also done (it usually means one more blood test.)

Now assuming they did only ECG, likely, ECG was not bad. Otherwise, hospital at that point would have asked for the 2-D echo / treadmill test OR would have asked you to book an appointment for it then and there. This is because it makes clinic/hospital some money AND it speeds up things. If you send all the reports to IRCC, things go faster. Its benefitial for both clinic and for you too so it is usually done this way.

There is also a chance that IRCC may insist on a "furtherance" and will make you take a 2-D echo / TMT even if clinic/cardiologist says okay to you.

Kidney function test takes a lab report.

Now if further issue shows up in 2D echo or TMT, it will lead to a consultation with a cardiologist. Assuming you have no history of heart troubles, they will go over the family history of heart issues.

Now what IF there is something really wrong. Well, that depends upon what is wrong. Cardiology is a whole discipline in itself and beyond this, a doctor can only tell.