+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Landing Questi: Proof of Funds - In Australian Bank Draft + some CAD Cash

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
Dear esteemed members,

Myself and my family will be doing our PR Landing in less than 2 weeks, and time is running out for us w.r.t. arranging the Proof of Funds..

I would like your suggestions/advice on the following:

Can we carry the POF in Australian Dollars Bank Draft equivalent to CAD 16, 000 plus 3,000 CAD in cash (we are a family of three).

I am asking this question, because we would not be staying in Canada for more than a week this time around, converting all our money into CAD and reconverting it back to AUD when we are back in Australia will cause us more than 600 Dollars loss in exchange rate conversions.

This will help avoid having to incur dual conversion charges, as we won't be spending this money in Canada, and will have to redeposit the money back in our Australian bank on returning back to OZ.

regards,
Shalini.

shalini_G

Aug 19, 2012
shalini_G said:
Dear esteemed members,

Myself and my family will be doing our PR Landing in less than 2 weeks, and time is running out for us w.r.t. arranging the Proof of Funds..

I would like your suggestions/advice on the following:

Can we carry the POF in Australian Dollars Bank Draft equivalent to CAD 16, 000 plus 3,000 CAD in cash (we are a family of three).

I am asking this question, because we would not be staying in Canada for more than a week this time around, converting all our money into CAD and reconverting it back to AUD when we are back in Australia will cause us more than 600 Dollars loss in exchange rate conversions.

This will help avoid having to incur dual conversion charges, as we won't be spending this money in Canada, and will have to redeposit the money back in our Australian bank on returning back to OZ.

regards,
Shalini.
Dear members, any thoughts please...

regards,
Shalini.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the Skilled Worker section of the forum.

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Hi Shalini,

Can you please explain what proof of funds you carried? Was a bank statement enough?