+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: How to send a passport from India?How long is visa nd COPR valid for??

aaad

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
[flash=200,200][/flash]

Hi guys i have received PPR request today but they have asked me to submit my passport to Ottawa office but this is causing me a problem since i live in India and i cant courier my passport.Any commets???? nd i also want to know How long is Visa and COPR valid for?

Thnks

rosty2

Jul 5, 2012
Scarborough
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 8th 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Oct 25th
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
March 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
March 4th 2013
Passport Req..
April 4th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17th 2013
LANDED..........
April 21st 2013
Re: URGENT

send an email to CPP about this question. Also lot of people in the same case like you mentionned similar topic in this same forum. browse old thread. I am wondering you received the medical request on march 8th, and now you received the PPR, your medical are they already received by CPP in less than 2 weeks?

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013

aaad - can you please tell us when and where (doc's office address) you did your medical? I am asking this because it seems that the doc using emedical! For sending passports to Canada, one of my friends found an option (personal option). Please PM me if you exhaust your options.

aaad

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009

Hi Rosty 2

Actually the doctor was emedical enabled thats why my results reached within 3 days and JBLOKNATh i just sent you a PM.Please reply me asap.Thanks for your help guys!!1

T

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello aaad,

Congrats!! I remember people discussing options to send Passport from India in this forum in other threads... search for it.

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014

aaad said:
Actually the doctor was emedical enabled thats why my results reached within 3 days and JBLOKNATh i just sent you a PM.Please reply me asap.Thanks for your help guys!!1

T
Hi aaad
Could you tell where in India did you get your medicals done (emedicals)
Thanks

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hi guys i have received PPR request today but they have asked me to submit my passport to Ottawa office but this is causing me a problem since i live in India and i cant courier my passport.Any commets???? nd i also want to know How long is Visa and COPR valid for?

Hi There,

that should'nt be a problem as i was in the same situation. They have asked me to submit my ppr to detroit office... I have requested new delhi as my visa office not sure why they still decided my visa office to detroit.

I sent many emails to ottawa office requesting to change my visa issuining office to delhi, but never got any replies frm them. so i have decided to send my passport to my consultant in toronto via DHL... my consultant received it in 3 days from india and then he sent the passport to detroit and detroit sent it back to my consultant and my consultant sent in to me back via ups.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
nat.panic said:
Hi There,

that should'nt be a problem as i was in the same situation. They have asked me to submit my ppr to detroit office... I have requested new delhi as my visa office not sure why they still decided my visa office to detroit.

I sent many emails to ottawa office requesting to change my visa issuining office to delhi, but never got any replies frm them. so i have decided to send my passport to my consultant in toronto via DHL... my consultant received it in 3 days from india and then he sent the passport to detroit and detroit sent it back to my consultant and my consultant sent in to me back via ups.
This option sounds interesting, but as per my knowledge, and as per Indian Passport Act, sending passport out side of country via post/courier is considered as crime. On the visa it would be mentioned that the visa is stamped at X Office (Outside India), and when you are flying immigration authorities would ask you, you never visited X place/country and how did your visa got stamped at X office, and if you answer I had sent my passport by courier, you would be taken into custody immediately. This is as per the information I received from my Immigration consultant few years back. Things might have changed, I might be incorrect. I would better say consult an expert in this field, and take a decision before sending your passports outside the country.

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hi have contacted many courier offices in india, many of them said they wont take passports, but DHL did accept it and also from canada
canada post do accept passports other than UPS.

CECFEB2013

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
nat.panic said:
Hi have contacted many courier offices in india, many of them said they wont take passports, but DHL did accept it and also from canada
canada post do accept passports other than UPS.
I guess most of the courier companies are aware that sending passports via courier outside the country is illegal.

Please read this page from a forum:
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aaad, I think this is becoming a serious problem. Please let us all know if you find a way to send the passport from india to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
aaad said:
Hi guys

I have tried all the courier companies and none is ready to accept my passport.. :(
That's because it's illegal to send a passport from or to India by mail or courier.

You have two options: (1) Travel to Canada yourself to bring the passport here. (2) Send your passport to Canada with a trusted family member or friend. That individual will then have to carry the passport back to India once it has been stamped with the visa.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
As per the 'CAUTION' printed on the passport "This Passport should not be sent out of any country by post. This should be in the custody either of the holder or of a person authorized by the holder".

So I think as scylla said, better option would be to authorize a close friend or family member who is coming to Canada to handle your passport.

But now I am thinking, earlier we used to send our passport to Buffalo to get it stamped (TRV). Which is also 'sending passport out of the country'. I haven't heard any issues with that.

Also I read in the below thread about the 'gray' area between 'post' and 'courier' and the courier means you are authorizing some one to handle your package so that could be fine etc. But those things are kind of assumptions or unclear.

trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/368776361/sending-indian-passport-outside-the-country-of-residence