+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help required: PR portal confirmation in Canada within 7 days

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Hi All,

Today received PR portal credentials and got mail to respond in seven days. The problem is I need to travel on Wedensday for 1 month vacation and will be back on 19th February using my TRV visa. Tried calling IRCC but unable to reach them.
Please advise if I can come back and confirm them? Will there be any issues if I don't confirm in 7 days.

Below is the email snippet:
Step 2: You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo

Did anyone experience similar situation?

Thank you in advance!

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hi All,

Today received PR portal credentials and got mail to respond in seven days. The problem is I need to travel on Wedensday for 1 month vacation and will be back on 19th February using my TRV visa. Tried calling IRCC but unable to reach them.
Please advise if I can come back and confirm them? Will there be any issues if I don't confirm in 7 days.

Step 2: You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo

Thank you in advance!
I think you should send them an email on the same portal email that you are going outside canada next week & will be back in Canada in February. They will probably hold you ECOPR until you come back, just let them know about this. Should be fine.

Reactions: Jax fan

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hi All,

Thank you in advance!
But i would suggest if it’s not urgent then you should delay your travel until you get your ECOPR because it might can delay your PR confirmation.

Reactions: vkamath and cz999

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
I think you should send them an email on the same portal email that you are going outside canada next week & will be back in Canada in February. They will probably hold you ECOPR until you come back, just let them know about this. Should be fine.
Thank you. I have replied to portal mail with my vacation plans in morning, will wait for their response.

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
A quick question should I login to PR portal as temporary password expires in 30 days?

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Thank you everyone for all your help and inputs.
Today we received eCoPRs and finally the journey is over.
Portal credentials: 16th January (Was outside Canada on vacation)
Photo upload and address confirmation: 20th February
Spouse case added to PR portal: 22nd February
eCoPRs received: 28th February

Reactions: BC_CEC_Aspirant

xsf

Apr 6, 2023
Hi @Jax fan , I am in a similar situation.

Would you mind confirming that you uploaded your photo and provided your mailing address after the 7 days they give you and still were able to obtain your eCoPR?

On Apr 3rd I received my credentials and changed my password. The same day I contacted IRCC to inform them that I need to travel outside Canada on Apr 13th. Did you ever get a reply from them? I haven't gotten any answer. I still haven't sent my picture but I'm not sure what happens if you don't send it within 7 days.

Thank you!

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Hi @Jax fan , I am in a similar situation.

Would you mind confirming that you uploaded your photo and provided your mailing address after the 7 days they give you and still were able to obtain your eCoPR?

On Apr 3rd I received my credentials and changed my password. The same day I contacted IRCC to inform them that I need to travel outside Canada on Apr 13th. Did you ever get a reply from them? I haven't gotten any answer. I still haven't sent my picture but I'm not sure what happens if you don't send it within 7 days.

Thank you!
That’s correct I uploaded photo and confirmed my Canada address after returning back to Canada which was more than 7 days. I sent email to IRCC that I am outside Canada and will confirm once back but i never got any reply from IRCC officer.
All I understood was as long as one replies to IRCC about current status and plans of future return there are no issues but it varies case-to-case and officer working on the file. Hope this helps

Reactions: xsf

xsf

Apr 6, 2023
That’s correct I uploaded photo and confirmed my Canada address after returning back to Canada which was more than 7 days. I sent email to IRCC that I am outside Canada and will confirm once back but i never got any reply from IRCC officer.
All I understood was as long as one replies to IRCC about current status and plans of future return there are no issues but it varies case-to-case and officer working on the file. Hope this helps
Yes, it's very helpful! Thank you!!!

Reactions: Jax fan

PriyaKP

Aug 16, 2023
@Jax fan , your details in this thread is very useful. Thank you!

I am in a similar situation, I got the second email but I have a vacation planned ahead. Did you login into the portal with the credentials after coming back from vacation or did you do it once the second email was sent?

Also after you came to Canada, did you notify IRCC about your arrival and uploaded the photo with the same portal link? or did IRCC send you a new link to work with?

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
@Jax fan , your details in this thread is very useful. Thank you!

I am in a similar situation, I got the second email but I have a vacation planned ahead. Did you login into the portal with the credentials after coming back from vacation or did you do it once the second email was sent?

Also after you came to Canada, did you notify IRCC about your arrival and uploaded the photo with the same portal link? or did IRCC send you a new link to work with?
Hi PriyaKP,

I logged in to the portal as password expires in 30 days but did not confirm my address and photo as I was going on vacation. Some forum say if you don’t login it’s fine, once you come back you can call IRCC and let them know and IRCC sends new credentials.
Once I returned back from vacation I told IRCC and logged into portal to confirm my address and upload the photo.
Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: PriyaKP
Sep 13, 2023
Urgent advise needed!

-My Common-Law partner’s current status is: Applied PGWP, and has a valid trv for 5 years.
-We had applied for common-law PR in Canada class, and she just received Portal 1 email 2 days ago. (Sept 11, 2023), we replied to that email same day.
- We have a travel plan coming up (From Sept 15- Sept 23), and we are crossing the border on FOOT. (Important, please note)
- Considering we do not receive the portal 2 email with the login details until we leave Canada and are in the US, is she still allowed to re-enter Canada on her TRV/Applied pgwp?
-Also, note, considering if she does receive the portal 2 email and details, if we come back within the required 7 day period to upload PR photo and confirm we are in Canada, would she allowed then? I just want to know that will at any point her visa or apploed status be cancelled before actually receiving the ECOPR? I know people would suggest delaying the trip pr trying to email IRCC, but we would rather not since application is in final leg. Basically would she be able to re enter Canada even after receiving portal 1 or portal 2 email? And other question would be since we would be able to come back to Canada to do the portal confirmation and upload photo, we wouldnt need to i form IRCC which would in turn cause any delay right?

vivsa9001

Dec 16, 2023
Thanks for the information but did you check if one would require a new PCC as we have travelled outside Canada while our application was in process and still not approved (no eCOPR yet)