+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT HELP] NOC 2174 Just Capped out ....

jsyed87

Aug 24, 2014
Hi Guys,

As per today's stats, the NOC 2174 has been capped out as shown at cic.gc site, Last night the figure was 817 and now its all full. I was considering to apply under this NOC and had all my documents ready :( ...

My question here to the members is that can i apply for the NOC 2173 ? I have a bachelors degree in Telecommunication Engineer (30%-40% CS courses) and have 5 Years of experience in Software Engineering. The difference between my qualification and experience was the key reason i was applying under the NOC 2174, because i am under the impression that 2173 strictly demands the qualification in Computer Sciences or Software Engineering, Is that the case ???
Moreover, Secong major requirement of NOC 2173 is that the applicant should be registered with the local engineering council, since i am an engineer hence i can easily get registration number from the national engineering council ( in my case its P.E.C).

So if i get engineering registration number and show my 5 years experience in software engineering (all my job titles include software engineer), can i apply for NOC 2173 ???

Will really appreciate any help here ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
2174 capped with applications received in mid June. In other words the numbers you see on the cic web site reflect applications received mid June since this is all cic has processed so far . You can certainly try applying under 2173 but it is very possible that your application may be too late.

jsyed87

Aug 24, 2014
Thanks scylla ... Wow never imagined that there such a big lag in between application received and processed.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
2174 capped with applications received in mid June. In other words the numbers you see on the cic web site reflect applications received mid June since this is all cic has processed so far . You can certainly try applying under 2173 but it is very possible that your application may be too late.
In addition to this it doesn't matter what your titles were, it matters if your job duties in the reference letter match the NOC under which you are applying. So if you have an employer reference letter that is a close match for 2173 go for it, if not it won't matter what your title was.

Good luck.

sky3

Oct 14, 2014
Hi my application is received on May 26th under the NOC 2171 from Toronto.

Till now My CC is not charged. I checked in ECAS, it shows no file found. Does anyone have the same situation.

I have sent a mail to CIC on Sep 18th and there no reply till now. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sky3 said:
Hi my application is received on May 26th under the NOC 2171 from Toronto.

Till now My CC is not charged. I checked in ECAS, it shows no file found. Does anyone have the same situation.

I have sent a mail to CIC on Sep 18th and there no reply till now. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
CIC takes about 6 weeks to reply so you can probably expect a reply in the first week of November.

There is always hope, some people get charged after long waits when most people in their day are already charged. But sorry to say the chances are your application is coming back. I suggest you begin to prepare another one or one under a different program.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
2174 is still under encashment process so guys don't give up.

It seems that CIC has no room to store more 2174 application documents so they mark the NOC full before it actually gets filled up.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naticom said:
2174 is still under encashment process so guys don't give up.

It seems that CIC has no room to store more 2174 application documents so they mark the NOC full before it actually gets filled up.
There is zero chance that an application that hasn't even been sent yet will be in the cap.

The recent charges are the very last few.

Futurist

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
hi scylla

so what do you think the current overall number would be? the website shows 5,223 at the moment...

scylla said:

jsyed87

Aug 24, 2014
Guys thanks for your replies.. One question : As u guys know that i had all my documents ready for NOC 2174 but it got capped out and now i am going to apply in another NOC i.e. 2173, and for that i will be needing registration with the local engineering council , (as NOC 2173: Software Engineer, hence its going to be a regulated profession). Problem is that my registration might take some time, can i send my application package with out the registration card now and then when i get it i send its details later to the CIO office ???

I know few might say that there is a little chance that i will make it to the cap but when i have come so far, i can't go back without giving it a shot.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
jsyed87 said:
NOC i.e. 2173, and for that i will be needing registration with the local engineering council , (as NOC 2173: Software Engineer, hence its going to be a regulated profession).
Are you sure that CIC will bother itself searching for other countriy's professional requirements? They receive apps from all over the world that is why I think their approch is unified. One is supposed to provide a reference letter of a specific format. Once you have it, you dont need to provide other certificates, attestations, etc.
Moreover, applicatns are advised NOT TO enclose any documents apart from those mentioned in a Checklist.