+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed!! Please help

zzznavraaz

Apr 15, 2014
Hello everyone!! My brother has gotten a PR. He filed for political asylum as a refugee and got a PR too. But I have heard that when one gets a PR in this category he can't travel back to his home. Is it true or not? He has a girlfriend here back at home whom he wants to marry and take her to Canada later. So he wants to come back home to get married. Can he come back home and get married and go back to Canada and later sponsor his wife? Can he come and go back and forth frequently in the future? Please reply fast

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone!! My brother has gotten a PR. He filed for political asylum as a refugee and got a PR too. But I have heard that when one gets a PR in this category he can't travel back to his home. Is it true or not? He has a girlfriend here back at home whom he wants to marry and take her to Canada later. So he wants to come back home to get married. Can he come back home and get married and go back to Canada and later sponsor his wife? Can he come and go back and forth frequently in the future? Please reply fast
True. Returning to the country from which you claim to be fleeting indicates that you did not or do not require Canadian protection and can lead to PR status being revoked.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - he absolutely cannot go back and forth frequently in the future.

He cannot travel to his home country as a permanent resident of Canada. He also cannot use his home country passport to travel. If he does either of these things, he can expect his PR status to be revoked when he applies for citizenship.

If he wants to marry his girlfriend, they will need to meet up and get married in another country (i.e. not his home country) and he will need to make sure he uses a Refugee Travel Document to travel there (not his passport).

Reactions: Buletruck