+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT Help - applied WP extension online, need to varify if paid right

pooky

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm on a PGWP which will expire in a month so I applied WP extension online after I got a positive LMO back. I never thought applying online was an option, but I stumbled upon "apply online", so I did, then I wasn't sure if applying online is acceptable for WP extension as I haven't hear anyone applied online before.

I answered question step by step and chose "Pay Online via the Online Application" option when the question prompted. There was no options to pay which CIC location so I just paid by visa when asked to pay. Then the empty receipt pop out so I printed 2 copies - Is there any way to verify that I actually paid to the Vegreville, Alberta?

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
pooky said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm on a PGWP which will expire in a month so I applied WP extension online after I got a positive LMO back. I never thought applying online was an option, but I stumbled upon "apply online", so I did, then I wasn't sure if applying online is acceptable for WP extension as I haven't hear anyone applied online before.

I answered question step by step and chose "Pay Online via the Online Application" option when the question prompted. There was no options to pay which CIC location so I just paid by visa when asked to pay. Then the empty receipt pop out so I printed 2 copies - Is there any way to verify that I actually paid to the Vegreville, Alberta?

They'll have a record of it and there's a confirmation email that you successfully transmitted online your application . If you want to make sure try calling the call center agent of CIC and asked about your file. Cheers!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I think there were selections to choose from of to which office you're sending the payment to.

pooky said:
Hi everyone,

pooky

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
Yes, I've seen that, but that was only if you choose to "pay fees online";
I applied extension online, and chose the option "pay online" when the question prompted, then when it gets to the pay section, there were no places to choose from... so I wasn't sure. :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pooky said:
Yes, I've seen that, but that was only if you choose to "pay fees online";
I applied extension online, and chose the option "pay online" when the question prompted, then when it gets to the pay section, there were no places to choose from... so I wasn't sure. :(
Because there is only one office in Canada, where all the extensions in Canada go. Vegreville.

pooky

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

Because there is only one office in Canada, where all the extensions in Canada go. Vegreville.
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm concerned because when I check my bank statement, it shows the money was paid to government in Ottawa.
But I swear when I clicked "pay online via the online application" option, it just goes to a pay by visa page, no office locations to select. Then I just paid.
I tried calling CIC for status update, since they are backlogging, they won't confirm they received your file until they worked through that month, I was told if you received upload confirmation, your application is in the system. But again, I wasn't sure if I paid right....anybody had the same experience?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooky said:
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm concerned because when I check my bank statement, it shows the money was paid to government in Ottawa.
But I swear when I clicked "pay online via the online application" option, it just goes to a pay by visa page, no office locations to select. Then I just paid.
I tried calling CIC for status update, since they are backlogging, they won't confirm they received your file until they worked through that month, I was told if you received upload confirmation, your application is in the system. But again, I wasn't sure if I paid right....anybody had the same experience?
Hi pooky you will be fine; when I first applied WP extension the same employer last year that's what happened to me also. I thought I made it wrong because I checked my credit card it was paid in Ottawa but no problem it goes thru CIC Vegreville. Good luck on your application. I'm waiting again my new WP with new employer hope it will be here soon. Again good luck.

pooky

Star Member
Jan 25, 2011
honeysweetie said:
Hi pooky you will be fine; when I first applied WP extension the same employer last year that's what happened to me also. I thought I made it wrong because I checked my credit card it was paid in Ottawa but no problem it goes thru CIC Vegreville. Good luck on your application. I'm waiting again my new WP with new employer hope it will be here soon. Again good luck.
hi honeysweetie, thank you so much for replying, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks a lot!