+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP::Applied for PGWP

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Hai I'am Prathyusha kotagiri citizen of India,currently residing in Canada on visitor visa. I came to Canada to visit my husband who is full-time international student when i came here. He had completed his master's in july 2016 and applied for PGWP along with my SOWP on August 27th 2016.

Our current visa status(my visitor status and my husband study permit) going to expire by the end of this month i.e.,30th September 2016.Since the current processing times for work permit application shows as 40 days on CIC website..By the time we hear any response from CIC we both loose our current status. So what we have to do after loosing our status?

Do we have to extend our current visas first, as it going to expire soon by the end of this month?
Do we need to drop any application for Implied status or it comes automatically?
what are the chances of staying in Canada if we both got our visa refusal?
what is Restoration of Status? when do we have to apply for it? Before our current visa expires or after getting refusal from CIC?

Please do reply for my queries...we are totally confused by the process and looking for great help..

Thank You in advance.....

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prathyusha said:
Hai I'am Prathyusha kotagiri citizen of India,currently residing in Canada on visitor visa. I came to Canada to visit my husband who is full-time international student when i came here. He had completed his master's in july 2016 and applied for PGWP along with my SOWP on August 27th 2016.

Our current visa status(my visitor status and my husband study permit) going to expire by the end of this month i.e.,30th September 2016.Since the current processing times for work permit application shows as 40 days on CIC website..By the time we hear any response from CIC we both loose our current status. So what we have to do after loosing our status?

Do we have to extend our current visas first, as it going to expire soon by the end of this month?
Do we need to drop any application for Implied status or it comes automatically?
what are the chances of staying in Canada if we both got our visa refusal?
what is Restoration of Status? when do we have to apply for it? Before our current visa expires or after getting refusal from CIC?

Please do reply for my queries...we are totally confused by the process and looking for great help..

Thank You in advance.....
As your husband has study permit and he applied for PGOWP, he does not need to worry as long as he already applied. Sometimes it will take longer time then usual but nowadays they are very precise to give PGOWP. He will get his PGOWP on 40th day after you applied.

Problem is with you only. You have visitor visa which will expire at end of this month. As per rules, you need to leave Canada before visitor visa expire. But I CAN give you one suggestion, you apply again as visitor visa which takes only 7 days and you will easily get it because you are already in Canada.
I highly recommand you to take advise from expert or lawyer because you have limited time.
All the best.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hi thank you for the reply...
i had already applied for my SOWP along with my husband PGWP...

so, still i have to extend my current visitor status?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

prathyusha said:
hi thank you for the reply...
i had already applied for my SOWP along with my husband PGWP...

so, still i have to extend my current visitor status?
1. You have to extend your present visitor's status (not visa) as you are not eligible for a SOWP until your spouse obtains a job in NOC A, B or O, and once he has 1 pay stub, you can apply for a SWOP with the pay stub, copy of his work permit, and a copy of his job description confirming his job's NOC level.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hiee my husband is having job offer starting from September 1st 2016 in NOC B and i have attached that job offer letter with my application..

so i think now i was eligible to apply for SOWP....but i need to clarify one thing like: still i have to extend my visitor status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
prathyusha said:
hiee my husband is having job offer starting from September 1st 2016 in NOC B and i have attached that job offer letter with my application..

so i think now i was eligible to apply for SOWP....but i need to clarify one thing like: still i have to extend my visitor status?
The job offer letter isn't good enough. He needs to provide proof that he is already working as well (e.g. pay stubs).

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Correct, the 2 most recent paystubs would be a "must" documentation when submitting the SOWP application.
The job offer itself is not enough.

Having completed that route, I also had a reference letter identifying my roles and responsibilites, wage, NOC code etc, typical IRCC reference letter, as many times, a job offer does not include all the details needed for the assessment.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prathyusha said:

I strongly advise you to extend your visitor visa and take help from lawyer. Staying longer then your permit will bane you to reenter or staying in Canada. It's 100% illigel.
It's actually create your bad credit in Canada.

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
i have already applied for SOWP before my current visitor status expires,which means i have applied for extension of my stay in Canada. I don't understand why you guys are saying me to extend my visitor status as i have already applied for extension of my stay in Canada (SOWP).

i will be on implied status which is not an illegal stay untill CIC gives decision on my application right?

Once i get my work permit i can continue to stay in Canada as worker...or if refusal comes i can apply for restoration of visitor status and my SOwp again...am i correct?

But i don't get the point why you were asking me to extend my visitor status....please give me detailed information regarding that...

irvah

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Vancouver, BC
prathyusha said:
i have already applied for SOWP before my current visitor status expires,which means i have applied for extension of my stay in Canada. I don't understand why you guys are saying me to extend my visitor status as i have already applied for extension of my stay in Canada (SOWP).

i will be on implied status which is not an illegal stay untill CIC gives decision on my application right?

Once i get my work permit i can continue to stay in Canada as worker...or if refusal comes i can apply for restoration of visitor status and my SOwp again...am i correct?

But i don't get the point why you were asking me to extend my visitor status....please give me detailed information regarding that...
IMM5710 Question 3
Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

A work permit with the same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

You might apply for both- extension your status as a worker and an extension of a temporary resident permit

prathyusha

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
hello everyone...thank you all for your valuable information

me and my husband got our work permits approved todayy ...so happy

Thank you all again.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prathyusha said:
hello everyone...thank you all for your valuable information

me and my husband got our work permits approved todayy ...so happy

Thank you all again.
So lucky. Just 1 day before. Happy for you. Have great life.