+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

upfront medical - additional tests request

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there,

I have done my upfront medical, as I was sure to get called in the next draw.. unfortunately that didn't happen yet...

I did my upfront medical in april, and yesterday I got an e-mail from London immigration office with a request to do additional examination.

now my question is this: why are they asking me do to additional tests when I haven't been invited to apply for PR? I was sure they wouldnt tuch my medical results at all, at least not until I neded them?

anyone here has any idea why they are doing this?

and another questions.. medical is only valid for a year., no is that counted from the first date of the exam, or the last one when they have "completed" my medical ?

SushilEE

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
yelena said:
hi there,

I have done my upfront medical, as I was sure to get called in the next draw.. unfortunately that didn't happen yet...

I did my upfront medical in april, and yesterday I got an e-mail from London immigration office with a request to do additional examination.

now my question is this: why are they asking me do to additional tests when I haven't been invited to apply for PR? I was sure they wouldnt tuch my medical results at all, at least not until I neded them?

and another questions.. medical is only valid for a year., no is that counted from the first date of the exam, or the last one when they have "completed" my medical ?
I have observed people getting request for doing medical re-exam same day, for example if X-Ray report didn't captured the details properly or the urine report is unclear then reappear next day.
However, you may get request for re-exam later as well if doctor were not able to get to see your report while you were at the medical centre.

Thus, need not worry and you can reappear for the medicals if they want. Its just while doing re-verification of reports doctors realise that some report had technical issues and they want you to redo the test.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is not the case with my medical.

I know the reason why they are asking additional tests., and I agreed with the doctor that did my exam, I will now do any additional test until I am asked to do them by the immigration.

I didn't think they would look at my medical at all, not before I actually apply for immigration.

I assumed my medical will sit somewhere in the system until it was needed...

noesis

May 26, 2015
yelena said:
hi there,

It could be that the immigration departments aren't synced, so when one department which handles the processing of medical results receives them, it has to just report the results as passed or not, and perhaps they needed more details so you received the email. If you have not submitted an application or even received an ITA, your results may still be recorded in a database, and you can probably expect that the minute you do upload your application that you will see "medical results passed" etc. I have no information on your second question, sorry.

Dynonobel

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Nanaimo, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noesis said:
It could be that the immigration departments aren't synced, so when one department which handles the processing of medical results receives them, it has to just report the results as passed or not, and perhaps they needed more details so you received the email. If you have not submitted an application or even received an ITA, your results may still be recorded in a database, and you can probably expect that the minute you do upload your application that you will see "medical results passed" etc. I have no information on your second question, sorry.
Yes that is likely the case. When you do your Medical the doctor will send the report to CIC, where another doctor within CIC will read the report and mark it passed or failed. If the doctor at CIC would like more information before making a decision then you will get the request that you received.

Although it's only speculation, it is likely that in an effort to be efficient (EE and the 6 month promise) medicals are simply processed in the order that they are received, without first having to be requested by the CIC agent that looks at your PR application. It just makes sense that this would reduce administration.

It also makes sense to me that the 1 year time limit would be from the date that you were first physically examined by the doctor, and paid the fee. There isn't any instructions on this that I know of but it is generally how everything else works so I don't know why it would be any different.