App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Interesting. We sent half a dozen letters from family and friends, all original copies but not notorized. They did have their phone numbers and address on them though. And we also had a statutory declaration of common law signed by us and a commissioner of oath in our package so I think we will be ok?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anytime an applicant fails to provide something that is required, they are `rolling the dice', IMHO.

The instructions are crystal clear:
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and
continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the
history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing

The fact that some people have `slipped through the cracks', should not be seen as anything more than them being extremely lucky.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Ponga said:
Anytime an applicant fails to provide something that is required, they are `rolling the dice', IMHO.

The instructions are crystal clear:
If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and
continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the
history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal
knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing

The fact that some people have `slipped through the cracks', should not be seen as anything more than them being extremely lucky.
What's the source of this?
I know you always say that everybody in common law needs those and they must must must be notarized, but for INLAND I only found that in the guide:

If you are in a common‑law relationship

Proof of your common‑law relationship, such as:
•joint bank account statements,
•joint savings account statements,
•joint credit card statements,
•joint line of credit statements,
•jointly signed lease,
•jointly signed mortgage papers or purchase agreement,
statutory declarations from persons/individuals with knowledge that the relationship is genuine and continuing

It only says that you can attach proof like this.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E3
Are you referring to OUTLAND? And where the magical number two comes from?

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
Its written on the country specific checklist, at least it is on the Australian one (IMM3906):

If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.
I'm not sure about inland, but for our application it was definitely a requirement.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
MaryLou6 said:
What's the source of this?
I know you always say that everybody in common law needs those and they must must must be notarized, but for INLAND I only found that in the guide:

If you are in a common‑law relationship

Proof of your common‑law relationship, such as:
•joint bank account statements,
•joint savings account statements,
•joint credit card statements,
•joint line of credit statements,
•jointly signed lease,
•jointly signed mortgage papers or purchase agreement,
statutory declarations from persons/individuals with knowledge that the relationship is genuine and continuing

It only says that you can attach proof like this.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#5289E3
Are you referring to OUTLAND? And where the magical number two comes from?
It's in country specific guides. Not all guides have the stat declaration as a requirement.

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
I think there is so much confusion because it's not clear to everyone exactly what the definition of a Statutory Declaration is - I didn't realise that meant we had to sign have it witnessed by an authorized person. It would be lovely if they put that in the instructions the way it is in the passport instructions.