+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University vs College

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
I am new immigrant.I am planning to study in Canada.Few people told going to University is much better than going to College.

My problem is Colleges have better programs than University and getting admission in University seems to be difficult than College.

In my country we generally study in colleges and colleges are affiliated to a University.Here its not like that.

I wish to know what is the difference between the education from a University and a College in Canada?

Is University government and college private?

Does colleges have less job placement?Will the degree from a college be discriminated?

I wish to know whether its better to study in Mc Master University or Sheridan/Humber College.

Please advise.

Thank You.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It really depends what you want to study and what you want to do with your career. In some cases universities are better and in other cases colleges are better.

If you want a degree - university is your only choice.

Sasha_24

May 13, 2015
it depends on your needs.

there are private colleges and universities also.

for example if it's an interview and there are two people without any experience but one with the univer. degree and the second one is after the college, for sure a person with a university degree will be accepted BUT if a person after the college has more experience, he will be more desirable.

It's more prestigious to have a university degree.

Martin29

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Sasha_24 said:
it depends on your needs.

there are private colleges and universities also.

for example if it's an interview and there are two people without any experience but one with the univer. degree and the second one is after the college, for sure a person with a university degree will be accepted BUT if a person after the college has more experience, he will be more desirable.

It's more prestigious to have a university degree.
Thanks.Got your point.