+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

United Arab Emirates.. Dubai/Abudhabi applicants

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Just wanted to share some good news. Parents’ review of medical exam was passed as of today.
Applied in early July 2022
Upfront medical exam done in December 2022
Medical passed: March 2, 2023

Does anyone know what’s next after this and how long until PPR?

Thank you!!

Renato87

Dec 29, 2022
Just wanted to share some good news. Parents’ review of medical exam was passed as of today.
Applied in early July 2022
Upfront medical exam done in December 2022
Medical passed: March 2, 2023

Does anyone know what’s next after this and how long until PPR?

Thank you!!
Did you apply from UAE?

Strings1001

Mar 5, 2023
I have applied for visit visa from UAE in Dec 2022 for the family (me, wife and 1 child) and still waiting for updates. My wife is planning to apply for study permit since she has been accepted in a college in Canada. Is it possible to apply for a Study Permit (for her and child as dependent), while a visit visa application is already in process and is it advisable to do that or rather wait for decision on visit visa application?
Any responses from experience or knowledge would be appreciated.

Moe97

Oct 27, 2021
I have applied for visit visa from UAE in Dec 2022 for the family (me, wife and 1 child) and still waiting for updates. My wife is planning to apply for study permit since she has been accepted in a college in Canada. Is it possible to apply for a Study Permit (for her and child as dependent), while a visit visa application is already in process and is it advisable to do that or rather wait for decision on visit visa application?
Any responses from experience or knowledge would be appreciated.

I asked this same question to IRCC last month via their Twitter account and was told that yes you can apply for the study permit but would need to withdraw your Visa application. The Study permit application will be accessed as a different application. Good luck!

Samerb

Sep 16, 2022
Category........
VISIT
send them VISA OFFICE specific inquiry through webform
that will be sent to Abu Dhabi visa office directly
I have raised a webform and received the following generic typical response:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html