+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi all I really need your help I received GCMS notes on the 27th of August their is no Review required stated anyway and my file was transferred to London vo on the 11th of July below it is stated
Assessments
Eligibility - MET not recommended pass pls any explanation because most people see Recommended passed
Security- Not started
Criminality - Passed
Medicals Passed
my application is approaching the 6 month mark.
Also the program assistant review was ok and the case analyst had no concerns. who puts the ready to finalize on the assessment? the visa officer or the case analyst because I don't have that on my notes.
Call LVO and was told the file is pending review by a visa officer pls guys what can I make of all this

Thanks
Do you have London LVO number?

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Yes 'getgcms' people will send GCMS notes to your email address. But you need to send consent form signed by you to getgcms representatives. If your profile has additional applicants then they need to sign inside the same consent form also. Basically Primary applicant has to sign on top and dependent below.
Thanks

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Guys I have a question, I ordered my first GCMS after about 2 months since AOR in May. And it showed the following:

Eligibilty - Passed - Candidate
Other docs - Passed - Candidate

Does that means I have passed the eligibltiy? That "candidate" thing bothers me as I think its what the system automatically calculated based on the documents I provided and everything. I think my file was not even touched for 2 months because It didn't even had any notes from the visa officers.
@legalfalcon Please advise.

Reactions: Tomi2

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Guys I have a question, I ordered my first GCMS after about 2 months since AOR in May. And it showed the following:

Does that means I have passed the eligibltiy? That "candidate" thing bothers me as I think its what the system automatically calculated based on the documents I provided and everything. I think my file was not even touched for 2 months because It didn't even had any notes from the visa officers.
Check the updated by if its number like 60023 then its human if its something like ECAS then its system.

yewwy

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Check the updated by if its number like 60023 then its human if its something like ECAS then its system.
Hi Alizaidi i noticed in your signature that you had an interview email. If you do not mind, what was your interview about and where is your visa office.

Thank you.

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017

Eligibility is in 3 levels. System analysis of what you claim (level 1), result of analysis by program assistant (level 2) and final result of analysis by agent or officer (level 3).

Candidate Pass; is simply system analysis of what you claim based on your application (level 1).

After this, program assistant analyzes your eligibility, puts result as recommended pass or met, then sends your file to agent or officer who will make a final decision.

Usually agents/ officers go with the recommendation of program assistant.

You need to order another set of gcms notes to know if you have fully cleared eligibility based on the other 2 levels which are the really important ones.

Last edited:

alizaidi

Dec 18, 2016
Karachi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Hi Alizaidi i noticed in your signature that you had an interview email. If you do not mind, what was your interview about and where is your visa office.

Thank you.
It was just a nice chit chat session and that's it. My visa office is London but my interview was scheduled at abudhabhi office. Interview is cleared and BG is in IP2 same day. It was a random quality check.

Reactions: yewwy

Ramana681992

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey, i have a question
How i can check Which phone number and email is working on my pr application.
Because i applied my work permit from consultant and yesterday i check my ECAS and my mailing address is changed on it from mine to mine consultant. So, i have to verify my email yesterday on my pr file. I am curious about it. Thanks in advance

S

sutyfornow

Guys eligibility shows review required thu agent's notes appears met and nothing negative is written
Why review is needed then?

PNPCanada05

Star Member
Apr 22, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
15-09-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Request
19-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Hey, i have a question
How i can check Which phone number and email is working on my pr application.
Because i applied my work permit from consultant and yesterday i check my ECAS and my mailing address is changed on it from mine to mine consultant. So, i have to verify my email yesterday on my pr file. I am curious about it. Thanks in advance

Call CIC and confirm. thanks

theycallmemaha

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
31-08-2016
Nomination.....
n/a
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
10-04-2018
Med's Done....
15-4-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
Hi Everyone,

Honestly, i desperately need help figuring out my GCMS notes that came in August 2017. have 2 questions. In my GCMS notes, what does "Location: PAB" mean? and.. how does one know if they started a criminal check? Will it change? or are they always gonna keep it as "not started"? I am an August 2016 applicant. Canadian citizen and sponsoring husband from middle east.

GCMS Notes from August:
- Eligibility: Passed (since Nov 2016)
- Security: (blank, but code s.15(1) in corner of security, with notes of security actions also blank)
- Criminality : Not Started
- Medical: Passed - expired

Application Due Date: 20-Sept-2017
Criminality Due Date: 15-Sept-2017

I'm also wondering if i should wait till the end of this week to requested another set of notes or wait an extra week to see if any progress has been made?

Any tips/thoughts/help would be grateful. Thank you!

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
Dear @legalfalcon and other members, I just got my GCMS notes today and appended below are the summary of the notes.
It seems that my file has been shifted to New Delhi Visa Office, and I am already 3 months and 18 days since submission.

Could you'll Kindly take a look at my below extract of the notes and PLEASE tell me that:

1. What will happens at NDVO now in my case? Is there any reason to worry; and will NDVO do any kinds of stringent checks or verifications on my file?
  2. Usually people speak about Eligibility as "Recommended Pass" or "Passed" status. Whereas I have Eligibility as "Met" at CIO and now changed back to "Not Started" before transferring it back to NDVO. So when will I get the Other statuses?
  3. Approximately how much more time will I take to get the PPR? (My AOR is 13th June 2017 and file transferred to NDVO on 24th Aug)
Thanking You in Anticipation!

****EXTRACT OF GCMS NOTES****
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

For The Eligibility Section it says:

Field Name: Eligibility
Old Value: Met
New Value: Not Started

Office: Centralized Intake Office

For The A11.2 it says:

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status
Updated Date: 2017/08/24

Updated By: LJ9131

ACTIVITY: 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
Field Name: Status
New Value: Met
Updated Date: 2017/08/23

Updated By: D0011

My Notes are as follows:

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2017/08/23

Created By: D0011

Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Text:
***AGENT REVIEW A11.2***Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: A11.2 decision: Met 75(2) FSW MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met
76(1)(a) SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: Appears Met
FSW points total: 70
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 432
CRS minimum score for round: 415 Current CRS score: 432
I have reviewed information and documents for CRS points for the following: PA awarded points as single at ITA and APR, PA awarded points for 3 year foreign work experience with ________ & ________ PA awarded points for Bachelor Degree 4 yrs Primary Occupation: NOC 1311 with _______
Submitted reference letter confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes duties which are consistent with NOC Skill Level B. Reference letter confirms full-time employment OR the equivalent in part-time employment. .eDoc 158968044

NOTES: 2

Created Date: 2017/07/11

Updated Date: 2017/07/11

Label: General
Text: *** AGENT REVIEW *** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed.

NOTES: 3

Created Date: 2017/07/09

Created By: CB6173
Updated Date: 2017/07/09

Updated By: CB6173
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION E********* REGULATION: FSW have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following:
MIN.SCORE: 415 CRS SCORE: 432 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI
Review Notes For Representative: Does NOT have Representative Primary Applicant
Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW CLIENT INFORMATION - SCHEDULE A INCLUDED -----
EDUCATION----Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site, ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as BACHELORS DEGREE (FOUR YEARS)
Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE ---- - Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate Provided R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to eAPR

Reactions: luv2read90

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Dear @legalfalcon and other members, I just got my GCMS notes today and appended below are the summary of the notes.
It seems that my file has been shifted to New Delhi Visa Office, and I am already 3 months and 18 days since submission.

Could you'll Kindly take a look at my below extract of the notes and PLEASE tell me that:

1. What will happens at NDVO now in my case? Is there any reason to worry; and will NDVO do any kinds of stringent checks or verifications on my file?
  2. Usually people speak about Eligibility as "Recommended Pass" or "Passed" status. Whereas I have Eligibility as "Met" at CIO and now changed back to "Not Started" before transferring it back to NDVO. So when will I get the Other statuses?
  3. Approximately how much more time will I take to get the PPR? (My AOR is 13th June 2017 and file transferred to NDVO on 24th Aug)
Thanking You in Anticipation!

****EXTRACT OF GCMS NOTES****
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

For The Eligibility Section it says:

Field Name: Eligibility
Old Value: Met

For The A11.2 it says:

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ Field Name: Status
Updated Date: 2017/08/24

Updated By: LJ9131

ACTIVITY: 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
Field Name: Status
New Value: Met

My Notes are as follows:

NOTES: 1

Created Date: 2017/08/23

Text:
***AGENT REVIEW A11.2***Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: A11.2 decision: Met 75(2) FSW MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met
76(1)(a) SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: Appears Met
FSW points total: 70
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 432
CRS minimum score for round
: 415 Current CRS score: 432
I have reviewed information and documents for CRS points for the following: PA awarded points as single at ITA and APR, PA awarded points for 3 year foreign work experience with ________ & ________ PA awarded points for Bachelor Degree 4 yrs Primary Occupation: NOC 1311 with _______
Submitted reference letter confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes duties which are consistent with NOC Skill Level B. Reference letter confirms full-time employment OR the equivalent in part-time employment. .eDoc 158968044

NOTES: 2

Created Date: 2017/07/11

Updated Date: 2017/07/11

Label: General
Text: *** AGENT REVIEW *** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed.

NOTES: 3

Created Date: 2017/07/09

Created By: CB6173
Updated Date: 2017/07/09

Updated By: CB6173
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION E********* REGULATION: FSW have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following:
MIN.SCORE: 415 CRS SCORE: 432 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI
Review Notes For Representative: Does NOT have Representative Primary Applicant
Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW CLIENT INFORMATION - SCHEDULE A INCLUDED -----
EDUCATION----Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site, ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as BACHELORS DEGREE (FOUR YEARS)
Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE ---- - Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate Provided R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to eAPR
My notes are eerily similar to yours and my file has now been transferred to LVO from CIO. So I am waiting....

Last edited: