+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unauthorized work while on leave of absence

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thats what I am worried about. My understanding was semester begins on first lecture day and ends with examination. For that particular LOA semester, I worked on January 3 while lecture began on 6th Jan. Now when I looked at LOA approval letter, the date range mentioned was 1st Jan to April 30.

Now what should I do? any advise. I am really stressed out
Did you only work for 7 hours total during the absence period? During one post you say you and your spouse worked but in another you only worked 7 hours. If you only worked for 7 hours total then it is unlikely to be a big deal. Who approved the leave? Based on your post your bank froze your account because they assumed there was fraud when international transactions appeared on your account. This issue is fairly common and is easily solved within a day or two with your bank. This scenario would not justify delaying studies for 4 months and a school should not have given authorized leave if it was only to sort issues with international transactions being frozen if bank was not aware that you have moved to Canada to study. Am in interpreting what you experiencer correctly and did the school your leave and if so what was the reason specified for the authorized leave that they specified?