+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to link my application

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
All,

I have having major issues in linking my application to the MyCIC account. I keep getting locked out.

I applied through Common Law, and an therefore choosing that(why am I supposed to pick Spouses whn that is not the case??)

I have chosen the UCI and Application Numbers to identify myself.

I enter my city of birth, and country
Where I want to live....I choose what I wrote in my Generic Application
People say that we are supposed to answer "2" for the question asking how many people are applying. I have been choosing 1 as this is what I put (correctly) in my Generic Application Form

I have tripled checked everything each time I apply now, but I am still doing it wrong.

What am I doing wrong??

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Try hitting the space bar in place of city of birth

yes--put the city you want to live as you did on your app

enter 2 regardless if you selected 1 on your app. Most of the time they include the sponsor and applicant in the count..

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
karlos_macca said:
All,

I have having major issues in linking my application to the MyCIC account. I keep getting locked out.

I applied through Common Law, and an therefore choosing that(why am I supposed to pick Spouses whn that is not the case??)

I have chosen the UCI and Application Numbers to identify myself.

I enter my city of birth, and country
Where I want to live....I choose what I wrote in my Generic Application
People say that we are supposed to answer "2" for the question asking how many people are applying. I have been choosing 1 as this is what I put (correctly) in my Generic Application Form

I have tripled checked everything each time I apply now, but I am still doing it wrong.

What am I doing wrong??
Are you using the UCI that came in the AOR e-mail by chance? That would be the sponsor's UCI, not the PA's. I linked prior to getting AOR, so I linked using the family name option.

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
danawhitaker said:
Are you using the UCI that came in the AOR e-mail by chance? That would be the sponsor's UCI, not the PA's. I linked prior to getting AOR, so I linked using the family name option.
No I'm using my UCI.... which I received when I applied for an IEC Visa. That was the UCI, I got in the email.

I'm still concerned if I am selecting the correct Visa type. People here say select "Spousal", but there is a Common Law option ive been choosing and that is what I applied under.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
karlos_macca said:
No I'm using my UCI.... which I received when I applied for an IEC Visa. That was the UCI, I got in the email.

I'm still concerned if I am selecting the correct Visa type. People here say select "Spousal", but there is a Common Law option ive been choosing and that is what I applied under.
Not sure about that part. It would make more sense to me to use Common Law, but to be quite honest, nothing about the linking thing feels logical. Several of us back around September/October were only able to link using 1 as the number of applicants, for instance. I was ready to toss my computer off my balcony when I finally figured it out.

Many many people have luck with that set of instructions that floats around. My husband and I both had MyCIC accounts we played with so we had up to 10 tries a day instead of 5. Ultimately that set of instructions wasn't too useful to us, but I've seen it work for a lot of people so it's hard to discount entirely.

You could try using spouse instead. Worth a shot at least, especially if nothing else has been working.

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hi guys!!! I need your help as well please. I cannot link my application as it says no application found after putting in all the information. I am sponsoring my busband from back home. For the city of birth, did you say put two spaces. Does it mean leave it blank??? Am I using my husband info to search for the application??? Please help and thank you so much.

FlyingTaurus

Feb 7, 2017
A single space would be enough at the city of birth section and if you use the "incognito" or "private" option in your browser it helps since it does store the information in the cache or cookies of of your webpage.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Mini2016 said:
Hi guys!!! I need your help as well please. I cannot link my application as it says no application found after putting in all the information. I am sponsoring my busband from back home. For the city of birth, did you say put two spaces. Does it mean leave it blank??? Am I using my husband info to search for the application??? Please help and thank you so much.

If you have a representative, like a lawyer or immigration consultant then you can not link your application. I kept trying for months and then finally called CIC and told me that.

Reactions: yoge

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Ok here is my story i kept trying for weeks to link my application but all my effort were unsuccessful, when i got my gcms notes and i viewed them i noticed they wrote my birthday wrong 12/April instead of 4th/December..so i Tried linking my account and i put my birthday same as on the note and it finally worked.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
BilalAyb said:
Ok here is my story i kept trying for weeks to link my application but all my effort were unsuccessful, when i got my gcms notes and i viewed them i noticed they wrote my birthday wrong 12/April instead of 4th/December..so i Tried linking my account and i put my birthday same as on the note and it finally worked.
Good news that it worked, but you should now ask for a correction on your file for your date of birth.

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
sylvain1 said:
Good news that it worked, but you should now ask for a correction on your file for your date of birth.
Yes i did already right after i was able to link my account i contacted them and updated them about the correction.

rsleem

May 16, 2017
I am in the same situation, used a represnetative and now unable to link my application or even find it. Called CIC and they informed me I should be able to link it myself yet unable to find it. Can you please help me?

CANUK2012

Apr 29, 2017
London
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
06-10-2016, 15-09-2017, 17-11-2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
CSQ 25-01-2017
File Transfer...
05-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-2016
Interview........
17-08-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
CORP 15-01-2018
LANDED..........
15/02/2018
I am in the same situation, used a represnetative and now unable to link my application or even find it. Called CIC and they informed me I should be able to link it myself yet unable to find it. Can you please help me?
Hi,
I'm also not able to link my application to my account, it's possible to have the number you used to call CIC? I need to upload some documents to support my application. Thanks