+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK or CANADA

ocaliz

Oct 19, 2011
I do prefer Canada guys...employment is the most essential need than anything else for me right now...:_))

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
I like North America (Canada and US) much better. I'v lived in London due to getting sent there for work, and I've been there a lot of times to visit family. I still have first cousins there.

Compared to the UK everything is bigger and more spread out in Canada, things are cheaper, country is large and diverse. Way more natural beauty in Canada.

Way more crime in the UK, esp petty crime like being robbed at knife point etc..I have experienced this first hand. My female cousins are use to it.

Also UK is so expensive, a tiny closet sized house costs a lot. The houses are old and cramped together, in the UK the roads are narrow and tiny, Canada definitely has more wider roads.

Also in general I find Canadian cities to be more cleaner and well kept with lots of new construction going on (Calgary is just insane for construction even right now!).

I dunno, everyone has their choices, but a lot of people (something like 600,0000) from the UK live in Canada and move here.

My vote goes to Canada, my cousins who are there also like it here much better when they visit.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
AAL1984, good statement, however, I am not sure about the statistic you gave about 6 Million moved to Canada!

regards,

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Leon said:
Depends on where you are. There is a lot more racism in AB than in Toronto for example.
Really? I've been in AB for 7 yrs and I didn't know that.

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
TMSB said:
Dear all,

A question like all others, which one is better to stay, live and work in UK or Canada? And if there is any other domain one is better than the other in just thankfully list it.

Thanx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8&feature=player_embedded#!

I suggest you guys should watch this video. This is the reality of racism in the United Kingdom. Then you decide which place is better to live in. Peace ;D

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
TMSB said:
AAL1984, good statement, however, I am not sure about the statistic you gave about 6 Million moved to Canada!

regards,
Sorry that was a typo :-[ I meant 600,000 (six hundred thousand only).

emmy_est

Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/02/12
AOR Received.
13/03/12
Med's Request
17/10/13
Med's Done....
29/10/13
Passport Req..
23/01/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/14
LANDED..........
14/06/14

Ismael5

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
IELTS Request
yes
File Transfer...
yes
Med's Request
Passport Req..
always good
canada cheerssssssssss

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
I have stayed in both the countries and let me share my opinion

1. Its incorrect to compare UK with Canada, as we are comparing apples with oranges. We could compare UK to another European country or Canada to newer countries like USA/Australia ...
2. Baloo has rightly pointed out few domains and list keeps changing from time to time. For instance economic conditions were much better few years ago in UK than now; Canada has more future as it has more natural resources.
3. Let’s not compare country to country but from one's position and what’s good for us. For instance, if you are in banking/financial sector/fashion etc London is better option. Of course if you’re in mining/oil exploration/natural resource/manufacturing Canada may be preferred. Similarly, if you looking for halal/other ethnic foods, London is best in terms of availability, variety etc.
4. Also we need to compare it from our preference view point. Do you prefer to live in crowded or thinly populated, more sunshine (UK is mostly clouded), natural beauty and adventure (Canada has much to offer), cosmopolitan life (London) etc ...
5. UK systems of working are much efficient, simple and transparent. Canada on other hand has lot of back logs ..., so it depends if you can wait or are aggressive in getting your things done.
6. When we compare UK to Canada we start comparing London with Canada or Toronto, which is not fair. London is too expensive but north UK isn't. Racism is very less in London (more immigrants in London, Brits in many areas are in minority) when compared to outskirt of UK. Similarly, Canada is immigrant country so how can it be racist. (Google Aboriginal peoples in Canada)
7. Some immigrants want to be close to Asia so UK gives better option in terms of time difference etc, while to some it doesn’t matter going to newer world. Getting PR for parents and relatives are comparatively stricter in UK than Canada (for reasons that best suit each country). Canada has one of the fastest path to Citizenship among developed world. For instance, if an individual has more supportive relatives in Winnepig then its easy to settle there despite its climate, economic and other factors.

In short, UK has great history while Canada has bright future. Our future more depends on who we are and what our potentials are rather than in which country we choose.

:)

CHEERS !

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
ickodothy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i47HoiM0Au8&feature=player_embedded#!

I suggest you guys should watch this video. This is the reality of racism in the United Kingdom. Then you decide which place is better to live in. Peace ;D
London has 70% immigrants ... look at her in video, she is only one there, even the fellow brit asks her to shut up. Anyhow, she was arrested later .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVdR0RAo74&feature=related

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
fromdubai said:
London has 70% immigrants ... look at her in video, she is only one there, even the fellow brit asks her to shut up. Anyhow, she was arrested later .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVdR0RAo74&feature=related
classic example qouted .. i also don't agree with london has less racism .. i know about banking sector, they r not offering good positions to the immigrats they are only offering entry level positions to the immigrats dispite bieng better than their own managers they are working under them.. also i dont agree with only london bieng expensive its all of the UK i dont know when was the last time you visited but right now the talking about only VAT, its 23 percent here so doesnt make it cheap in any way gas/electricity is toooooo expensive in UK.. finally another bad news about UK its going in double recession next year !!

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
fromdubai said:
I have stayed in both the countries and let me share my opinion

1. Its incorrect to compare UK with Canada, as we are comparing apples with oranges. We could compare UK to another European country or Canada to newer countries like USA/Australia ...
2. Baloo has rightly pointed out few domains and list keeps changing from time to time. For instance economic conditions were much better few years ago in UK than now; Canada has more future as it has more natural resources.
3. Let's not compare country to country but from one's position and what's good for us. For instance, if you are in banking/financial sector/fashion etc London is better option. Of course if you're in mining/oil exploration/natural resource/manufacturing Canada may be preferred. Similarly, if you looking for halal/other ethnic foods, London is best in terms of availability, variety etc.
4. Also we need to compare it from our preference view point. Do you prefer to live in crowded or thinly populated, more sunshine (UK is mostly clouded), natural beauty and adventure (Canada has much to offer), cosmopolitan life (London) etc ...
5. UK systems of working are much efficient, simple and transparent. Canada on other hand has lot of back logs ..., so it depends if you can wait or are aggressive in getting your things done.
6. When we compare UK to Canada we start comparing London with Canada or Toronto, which is not fair. London is too expensive but north UK isn't. Racism is very less in London (more immigrants in London, Brits in many areas are in minority) when compared to outskirt of UK. Similarly, Canada is immigrant country so how can it be racist. (Google Aboriginal peoples in Canada)
7. Some immigrants want to be close to Asia so UK gives better option in terms of time difference etc, while to some it doesn't matter going to newer world. Getting PR for parents and relatives are comparatively stricter in UK than Canada (for reasons that best suit each country). Canada has one of the fastest path to Citizenship among developed world. For instance, if an individual has more supportive relatives in Winnepig then its easy to settle there despite its climate, economic and other factors.

In short, UK has great history while Canada has bright future. Our future more depends on who we are and what our potentials are rather than in which country we choose.

:)

CHEERS !
Good comment.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
sonea said:
major problem is unemployment here at this time
UK is not as tidy as canada and america..
Alcoholism is at peak no one in the world would drink more than polish people here
UK is too windy specialy the northen side where I live
VAt is 20-23 % highest in the world
council tax minimum is 85 or 88 pounds per month
income tax rate and NI is also very high
I want to add that the only place I enjoyed in the Uk was Scotland, specially Glasgow; more friendly, accomodating and affordable compared to England. May be if you have already lived for long time in the UK you can survive; but moving to the UK now would be a bit risky. The future belongs to Canada.