+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U.S. Voluntary Departure

amrelec

Jul 6, 2015
I entered USA in 1999 as a tourist and after about 6 months (staying legally) I Applied for a student visa to catch the ESL placement test in Quebec University but it was refused. The officer told me "I will not issue you the visa as you will do the same thing your were doing in USA". Probably she meant work. however, I didn't argue with her. Then I went back home before my visitor visa expires (2000).

In 2003 I visited USA again but this time at the border I had a long inspection about my first visit. Then, I was given only 10 days to stay. I tried to get into a University but couldn't because of the TOEFL. One day I was driving and didn't signal for changing lanes and I was having an International driving license but unfortunately it was printed with my younger brother's name. then Police came and gave me a ticket and inspected me then he found this faulty driver license. he put me in custody then I had been to the court for not having a valid driver license and paid the fine. after few days the Immigration came and arrested me and put me in their custody for removal proceedings. At this time, I overstayed for one year and 3 months (2004). I found out that I got a Voluntary departure without knowing this. Then I paid a bond of $10,000 and paid for my ticket to go back home.

Now I and my wife want to apply for a visitor visa to Canada to visit her uncle.

1) For what limit should I mention about (refused student visa in 2000) and (voluntary departure in 2004) in the visitor Application form Or any other immigration forms ?

2)This happened more than 10 years ago, Is it cleared from records and how can I know about this ?

Any opinions?

I appreciate your help.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) You have to mention both the refusal and voluntary departure on any application to Canada.
2) This information is on your US immigration record permanently (it will never be cleared). Canada and the US share this information. Don't lie in your Canadian application or you'll find yourself with a refusal + a 5 year ban from Canada.

amrelec

Jul 6, 2015
scylla said:
1) You have to mention both the refusal and voluntary departure on any application to Canada.
2) This information is on your US immigration record permanently (it will never be cleared). Canada and the US share this information. Don't lie in your Canadian application or you'll find yourself with a refusal + a 5 year ban from Canada.

Ok

Thanks scylla a lot.