+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with valid work permit on old passport

toronto07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Hi, i am a PR applicant and had to come to India for two weeks.
I have a valid work permit till Aug 2013, I got my passport renewed in Oct from within Canada. Now my work permit is with old passport and I have applied for a TRV from India. My application is pending with canada high commission for 4 days now. Requesting the members of the forum to please suggest if I will be given a TRV. i am getting really worried now. And what happens to my PR application :(

Thanks a lot

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Don't worry. Your TRV will be issued based on your current valid work permit. They may ask for a letter from Employer that you are currently employed. Rest, its all good !

toronto07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Thanks for your reply. How abt dual intent. i have a PR application in progress although I havent received AOR yet. Do you think it may cause a problem. I forgot to mention, even my wife has applied for TRV as accompanying spouse. Last time her TRV was approved including her visitor record extension till Aug 2013. Will her TRV be approved too?

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
toronto07 said:
Thanks for your reply. How abt dual intent. i have a PR application in progress although I havent received AOR yet. Do you think it may cause a problem. I forgot to mention, even my wife has applied for TRV as accompanying spouse. Last time her TRV was approved including her visitor record extension till Aug 2013. Will her TRV be approved too?
CIC does recognize 'Dual Intent' as a legitimate possibility. Having a PR application in itself will not be a reason to reject your temporary resident application. However, with every temporary residence application, it is up to you to prove that you will return to your home country when your temporary resident status expires.