+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visitor Visa Denied

Tanikaze

Jun 10, 2014
To whom it may concern and is willing to take the time to help me out with information:

I have applied for a visitor visa through the services of my local CVAC, and to my dismay, I was rejected for the following reasons:

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident."

Other factors include:

"Your travel history"

"Your personal assets and financial status"

"I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your Departure"

Within my application I had enclosed all the necessary documents to support these factors, including :

1) Personal bank statements
2) Letter of Invitation from my friend that wishes to host me for no more no less than 2 weeks and support my expenses for that period personally.
3) Friend's bank statements and proof of support
4) Proof of personal assets here ( property ) and ties to the country (Letter from College that states I clearly intend to follow through with courses and complete my education)

I'm a bit stumped at the moment as to why exactly I've gotten the refusal. I'd appreciate any kind of advice at this point, and I'm willing to answer any other questions to the best of my ability and hopefully solve this issue.

Thank you for your time.

vikramviks95

Oct 3, 2012
Did you include a travel itinerary? i.e. your plans for the 2 week stay in Canada? Its best to include one.

Are you currently working/studying? If so, you could have included a proof of employment/education. This way they know you have something to go back to.

Have you visited other countries in the past? where they for long duration?

Tanikaze

Jun 10, 2014
propain said:
How much funds did you show.

do u have any family here.
As I've stated, I have been invited by a friend. He intends to pay for every expense, including airplane tickets.

I have 5000 CAD for the duration of two weeks.

vikramviks95 said:
Did you include a travel itinerary? i.e. your plans for the 2 week stay in Canada? Its best to include one.

Are you currently working/studying? If so, you could have included a proof of employment/education. This way they know you have something to go back to.

Have you visited other countries in the past? where they for long duration?
The travel itinerary was included in my friend's letter of invitation.

As stated, I have provided proof of my studentship.

I have not visited any countries so far.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
well friend,,if youre not rich nor have traveled the world like indiana jones,,,they always(or most of the time when the visa officer has nothing else to do) refuse the visa,,,dont feel bad,,mine was rejected 12 times..

Tanikaze

Jun 10, 2014
jddalove said:
well friend,,if youre not rich nor have traveled the world like indiana jones,,,they always(or most of the time when the visa officer has nothing else to do) refuse the visa,,,dont feel bad,,mine was rejected 12 times..
That is in no way helpful information, nor reassuring.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
im sorry,,i meant for you not to give up,,,but the truth is that it really depends on ''who takes your application''
ive seen some people getting their visas approvals in 2 hours,,,others in 2 months,,,others lots of money(refusals) others no money(approvals)
its really a matter of giving a million supporting documents,,and well,that you get a new visa officer who still has a soul...

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12 refusals is brutal.

Did u get it in the end.

sorry to hear this though.

it can be tough at times with visa :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Students generally aren't afforded to stay in Canada by friends. With the demographics that are generally accepted for visit, often it is older people with more established ties back home - (work, property, family) and more practical needs for visit (business, seasoned traveler, rich back ground etc.) and are either afforded by themselves or by immediate family. Even in family supporting cases, mostly trvs are rejected.

US and Canada state on immigration website in general "Every applicant is assumed to be a potential immigrant unless proven otherwise" (I have seen this for a few years at US embassy website - though it was a while ago -Not sure its there any more or not. But i can assure you, the mentality and concept remains the same.

Unfortunately, so many younger people have gone and preferred staying there even if it was illegal. So this is the default behavior of embassy for this kind of profile. You would need really exceptional backing in such a situation to get approved. That is all i could suggest.

Perhaps you (as a student) would have a better chance if you are going for say an academic conference for which your institute nominated you, or you have a research paper that you intend to present etc.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
then they should stay outside their embassy ''if youre under 60 yrs old,,we will take your money and dont give you any visa''

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
''Canada is not a tourist welcome country so, unless proven contrary(hard to impossible) you will be believed to want to illegally immigrate(so,we will refuse your visa,,just in case hihihihihi)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Tanikaze said:
I'm a bit stumped at the moment as to why exactly I've gotten the refusal. I'd appreciate any kind of advice at this point, and I'm willing to answer any other questions to the best of my ability and hopefully solve this issue.
From what I can read you are more concerned on show us how you did everything right and can't do better, and not in trying to find mistakes in your application.

First of all I would recomend that you do a good analysis of your application and find any flaws that might come to mind. Trying to prove that "CIC made a mistake" is the worst attitude to get a VISA.

When you can come up with some arguments and or questions on what you did wrong then we can move forward.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
jddalove said:
then they should stay outside their embassy ''if youre under 60 yrs old,,we will take your money and dont give you any visa''
Unfortunately, enough people apply and still keep applying multiple times even when their circumstances don't qualify that they could get away with "take your money" thing.

It is not really 60 or any thing. Individuals with no family assets or big parent names often get visas. Just reasons are more genuine e.g. for study, conferences, work related meetings, training etc.

I understand your emotion, but here is the deal. If no one ever cheated on embassies i.e. gotten visit visa and always stayed ONLY legally and came back, they won't deny any one a visit visa. For the countries where there are no such problems (i.e. visiting Canada and staying there illegally is not charming enough), there are no visas required for visiting. There always are herds of families specially from developing countries who thoroughly plan - (God knows how) get visit visas and then "settle" in US / Canada etc illegally.

There is no way governments could track all those, unless found through coincidence. So this results in stricter immigration rules and denying a lot of people with genuine intent for VISIT ONLY. Things might change if due to this irritation more people stop applying for visit visas. But that doesn't happen so embassies can do what they like.

Is it fair to the applicant? No.
Is it right from the point of view of Immigration officers? By all means YES.

jddalove

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
dude u would make a perfect IO with a couple million people in the planet hating you.
"tourism" is a reason,i dont need to go to a conference or academic bullsh...if i had the money and prove (family job schoô) that im coming back i should get a visa.
why well cuz canadians take cuba as cheap land and come every time they want.
at least other embassies (in cuba) give you an interview,let u talk,but the canadian embassy just takes your money,throws your appl in the trash can and sends you a pretty envelope with the most stupid reason for refusal!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Haha - nice one. Trust me, i won't make a good IO, because i would probably snub bad ones even more and would take more chances on good ones.

You missed the point - Tourism is definitely a reason. But it is LESS practical (for an average person) or less likelihood of being genuine specially if you are coming from a developing country. Even if that is true, there is a good chance that the person has traveled at least 4-5 other relatively easily accessible countries across the world. When some one goes for any of other reasons - conferences and stuff, he/she usually has a better profile (financially, academically, professionally) that the likelihood of him staying illegally would reduce. It is not as easy to get a genuine conference invite than to plan a personal vacation.

Lastly, i have been there too - and was denied a visit visa with FAR FAR stronger circumstances than those quoted by you. And i was even more infuriated back then. To give you an idea, was working for an MNC headquartered in the US, well paid, was being sent by employer for some customer related stuff with all expenses paid by company, formally educated, married with kids back home, but still denied... Some time latter - got through the same easily.

Looking back i maintain the opinion. If a lot of people don't misuse this - people like you or may be me at that point in time won't run into refusals. That is just how it is...

Update: I was referring to US above and trust me, when embassy is making preemptive decisions, NOT having interviews is better. It is unfortunate that US embassy needs to always interview and it was a weird experience. Suffice to say 'bringing you to interview - let you talk' doesn't really add any better element to the story. I have been there.