+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to Work Permit

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
ello,
I just have three questions. I will appreciate if any of you could help me out.
First, My senior brother who is a South African citizen just visited me here in Canada.
And he wants to do some seasonal work before going back in the next 5 months.
Is it possible to get a work permit for him as a visitor here in Canada? If yes, what are the options?

Secondly, what's the best an most reliable program to bring a foreign long haul truck driver and a carpenter to Canada?

Thirdly, my mother in-law came to Canada as a visitor to help out when my wife had our second baby in February 2022.
Please how can we convert the TRV Visa to Super Visa for her, so she could stay longer without this every six months renewal vis for her.
Though she currently have 4 years TRV.

Thanks for all the help.
Regards,
Wisdom7

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
ello,
I just have three questions. I will appreciate if any of you could help me out.
First, My senior brother who is a South African citizen just visited me here in Canada.
And he wants to do some seasonal work before going back in the next 5 months.
Is it possible to get a work permit for him as a visitor here in Canada? If yes, what are the options?

Secondly, what's the best an most reliable program to bring a foreign long haul truck driver and a carpenter to Canada?

Thirdly, my mother in-law came to Canada as a visitor to help out when my wife had our second baby in February 2022.
Please how can we convert the TRV Visa to Super Visa for her, so she could stay longer without this every six months renewal vis for her.
Though she currently have 4 years TRV.

Thanks for all the help.
Regards,
Wisdom7
Your brother needs a job offer with a LMIA. The employer would have paid $1k to,prove no Canadian or PR could do the job. With a LMIA, your brother applies for a closed work permit showing his experience for the job. If he has a LMIA processing is about 5-6 months.

Long Haul - LMIA with closed work permit or PNP program (needs provincial driver’s license for trucks)
carpentry - Express Entry, PNP, LMIA (may need certification)

Your mother has to be outside Canada to apply for a super visa. You can’t covert it.

Reactions: Rubydairy

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Your brother needs a job offer with a LMIA. The employer would have paid $1k to,prove no Canadian or PR could do the job. With a LMIA, your brother applies for a closed work permit showing his experience for the job. If he has a LMIA processing is about 5-6 months.

Long Haul - LMIA with closed work permit or PNP program (needs provincial driver’s license for trucks)

Your mother has to be outside Canada to apply for a super visa. You can’t covert it.

Thanks for the advise. I really appreciate.
Secondly! I am currently trying to apply to extend my Mother-Inlaws TRV for another 6 months. I am just trying to draft a letter to state the reasons for applying to extend her TRV. Still wondering what to write in the letter. Are there CIC valid acceptable reasons for wanting to extend parents TRV for another 6 months? I will appreciate the letter sample if possibly available.
And can one extend TRV for more than twice? If yes, will giving the same reasons become a problem for approval?
She actually came in March 2022 to help when we had our second baby as per our culture.
Thanks for the help.