+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected for retired parents

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
@beeba-bacha @Naturgrl @canuck78 @BA101

Can you please also share your thoughts on the above. Is it needed in light of the reasons of refusal stated in the GCMS notes? Should I change the primary applicant to my father instead of my mother?

Thank you!
I agree with the point below

Also, which bank in India are you dealing with? I am not aware of any such rule stating that the letter can only be made in your moms name. Check and work on that. Both need to demonstrate financial ability.

If all have Aadhar, or passport[grand parents], it is a good way to establish relationship. Else get an affidavit [like how in India they make one for people who do not have a birth certificate]

As mentioned, you need to show *why* your Father will return and so will your mom along. An affidavit of him being the only child hardly matters. Any medical conditions or planned procedures is reason enough to return

Good Luck

Reactions: Sarjaria84

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
You can but his elderly parents are not ties. They are not his dependants and vice versa. Do the grandparents live with them? Do they require 24/7 care? If so provide doctor’s note that they require care, proof your parents live with them, doctors appointment that must come back for, documentation of who is caring for them while he is in Canada etc. Need to show what care your father provides and not just a letter but proof.
Yes, the grandparents and parents live together. Aadhar card and Voter ID card contains the same address. By care I meant that they are of 84 and 81 years of age respectively, so all the day to day help. Food to be cooked to eat, cleaning of the house, buying groceries, taking them for medical check ups, getting their medicines from the hospital and market and all.

There are lot of relatives in the same city. They can supply food and periodically check. Neighbors can also go and check out for few days. But this cannot be done for over a longer time period.

How can I prove this, which documents will support this?

Thanks!

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Yes, the grandparents and parents live together. Aadhar card and Voter ID card contains the same address. By care I meant that they are of 84 and 81 years of age respectively, so all the day to day help. Food to be cooked to eat, cleaning of the house, buying groceries, taking them for medical check ups, getting their medicines from the hospital and market and all.

There are lot of relatives in the same city. They can supply food and periodically check. Neighbors can also go and check out for few days. But this cannot be done for over a longer time period.

Thanks!
This is a situation. So establish with pics, their age proofs, any recent medical check up reports or schedules indicating next review by when your parents will have to return etc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Thanks!
Living together is not the tie. The tie is that they need to be cared for - doctor appointments, doctor notes.

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Your brother certainly can do a gift deed that is notarized. Google Gift Deed Canada format. Still need to address other reasons for refusal which is proving that it is not a short stay - family (children under 22), job letters with approved leave, pensions, investments, properties etc. Have detailed itinerary.
1. In addition to the gift deed, I am still planning to submit a copy of that letter to the bank (State Bank of India) stating that ''please transfer the maturing FD's principal plus accrued interest in September 2023 to the account instead of renewing it, as it is needed to cover travel costs for a planned trip to Canada in November 2023''.

Will that letter be ok, or it can raise additional doubts in VO's mind?
My thought process is that it should appease VO that they will have additional funds available before travelling to Canada. The application, approval and passport stamping in itself may take 1 month or so. Thus, around 3 months will be there to book cost effective flight tickets for the round trip. If applying in September end, after the complete chain of process, less than 1 month will remain to book tickets, thus, they will be costly. Will it be a good idea to explain this as well in the purpose of travel or cover letter? Or it's understood that booking tickets few months before is normal as it's cost effective.

2. Also, Does the gift deed amounts needs to be in my father's account for a period of 6 months, or he can submit the bank statement covering that transaction after few days itself? I was reading a thread here on gift deed as POF for Permanent Residence process and there it's being advised to either create an FD of the received gift or keep it in the account for 6 months before submitting it to the VO.

3. In the PR thread it's evident that FD is considered as a proof of available liquid funds. Why it's not the case for visitor visa?

Thank you for all your help!

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to the gift deed, I am still planning to submit a copy of that letter to the bank (State Bank of India) stating that ''please transfer the maturing FD's principal plus accrued interest in September 2023 to the account instead of renewing it, as it is needed to cover travel costs for a planned trip to Canada in November 2023''.

My thought process is that it should appease VO that they will have additional funds available before travelling to Canada. The application, approval and passport stamping in itself may take 1 month or so. Thus, around 3 months will be there to book cost effective flight tickets for the round trip. If applying in September end, after the complete chain of process, less than 1 month will remain to book tickets, thus, they will be costly. Will it be a good idea to explain this as well in the purpose of travel or cover letter? Or it's understood that booking tickets few months before is normal as it's cost effective.

VO would not care if you book tickets few months in ahead or make no booking at all (some people get visa but wasted the visa and did not travel to Canada at all).

Just finger-crossed that the letter is ok.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In addition to the gift deed, I am still planning to submit a copy of that letter to the bank (State Bank of India) stating that ''please transfer the maturing FD's principal plus accrued interest in September 2023 to the account instead of renewing it, as it is needed to cover travel costs for a planned trip to Canada in November 2023''.

Be better to get a bank letter agreeing to the transfer. IRCC suggests not to buy tickets until visa is approved.

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

While applying for my retired parents' visitor visa please guide me on the below,

1) I don't have a job currently and my wife is on maternity leave. How to handle this when writing the Invitation letter, as it requires stating my job title in the letter?

2) For the 2 weeks time when my parents will be visiting Canada, one of our relatives is going to take care of the grandparents in terms of providing food and checking upon them. Do we need to upload a signed or notarized letter from them with the letter mentioning that they will take care for the 2 week period, or something on these lines?

Many Thanks!

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
Hello,

While applying for my retired parents' visitor visa please guide me on the below,

1) I don't have a job currently and my wife is on maternity leave. How to handle this when writing the Invitation letter, as it requires stating my job title in the letter?

2) For the 2 weeks time when my parents will be visiting Canada, one of our relatives is going to take care of the grandparents in terms of providing food and checking upon them. Do we need to upload a signed or notarized letter from them with the letter mentioning that they will take care for the 2 week period, or something on these lines?

Many Thanks!

If you can please guide me on the above. For point 1, should I write an invitation letter without mentioning anything about my job, or I explicitly state that I am currently not working but have enough funds in my account here and in India to support myself and my wife for more than a year. Any comments will help me out in this.. Thanks!!

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023

If you can please guide me on the above. For point 1, should I write an invitation letter without mentioning anything about my job, or I explicitly state that I am currently not working but have enough funds in my account here and in India to support myself and my wife for more than a year. Any comments will help me out in this.. Thanks!!
It is very hard to get visa for parents if their blood sons or daughters are not living in home country. Only one of your parents must apply not both.
We can not game the system by submitting more documents.
If I were a visa officer, I would wonder why you are unemployed ok you are taking care of your wife then I would think that you would start your job in the meanwhile your parents would do the maid job. See the point?

Put yourself in the shoes of the visa officer and review your case by yourself. He is looking for a hometie as he has already assumed your parents would emigrate there permanently. So you shoudl provide documents accordingly that negates this aspect. One thing can be done only one of your parent can apply for.

what is the purpose of your travel for your parents?

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
It is very hard to get visa for parents if their blood sons or daughters are not living in home country. Only one of your parents must apply not both.
We can not game the system by submitting more documents.
If I were a visa officer, I would wonder why you are unemployed ok you are taking care of your wife then I would think that you would start your job in the meanwhile your parents would do the maid job. See the point?

Put yourself in the shoes of the visa officer and review your case by yourself. He is looking for a hometie as he has already assumed your parents would emigrate there permanently. So you shoudl provide documents accordingly that negates this aspect. One thing can be done only one of your parent can apply for.

what is the purpose of your travel for your parents?
Real purpose is to be present at the time of delivery and post delivery help. I have a younger brother in India who is married, plus the entire extended family is also in India. Pregnancy related information was not shared in the visitor visa application. Just that they would be visiting to attend my convocation ceremony.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Real purpose is to be present at the time of delivery and post delivery help. I have a younger brother in India who is married, plus the entire extended family is also in India. Pregnancy related information was not shared in the visitor visa application. Just that they would be visiting to attend my convocation ceremony.
If your younger brother is married that provides minimal ties for your parents and so does the extended family. Would look better if you were employed but nothing you can do about that.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
your brother is married. He is no longer dependent on your parents. Technically, your parents have no ties. Extended family has zero value.
Are there any house or property/land on your parents name usually govt employees get them after retirement ?

how old are your parents? Are they retired?

Sarjaria84

Oct 9, 2020
your brother is married. He is no longer dependent on your parents. Technically, your parents have no ties. Extended family has zero value.
Are there any house or property/land on your parents name usually govt employees get them after retirement ?

how old are your parents? Are they retired?
The house is in my grand father's name. My father being the only child will inherit the house. I will be submitting the Pension Order document for both my father and mother and will state in the purpose of travel letter that they both need to be present in India once every year to show they are alive and thus, submit Life Certificate for their pensions.

Reactions: tommy_2k23

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
That coud be one point. You can also attach property documents on your grandfathers name and property evaluation documents .

You need to prepare a detailed itinerary/cover letter. what each day your parents will do. Calculate total cost of the trip. Total funds available in your bank. Also mentioned how much part of the trip has already been paid. For example, you can attach tickets of some tours. Also arriving and departing tickets. Refundable. In case of getting refused you can get your refunds back

For a sample, you can refer to it . Just to get a rough idea about writing your personal details of the trip.

You do not have to copy it everything, just tailor it to your needs. Show on google map how would you reach to your attraction each day and from what time.

Please make sure write your cover letter in a matter of the fact way. No need to show desperation or begging for it.

Good Luck! Prayers go a long way and all you can do is try.