+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected for my friend from Egypt

MidoIndeedo

Sep 19, 2017
All, I would really appreciate your help on this. My gf's TRV was rejected a couple of months ago for the following reasons based on the GCMS notes:

Applicant is single, no travel history, works for XYZ Company earning $$ a month. No ties, no assets. Going to Canada to visit a friend BS: XX $$, most of it recently deposited, no other savings. only provided her mother's BS for support. Host's invitation letter seen, host has provided no proof of funds or income. No compelling reasons to travel. No incentive to compel applicant to leave Canada. I'm not satisfied that client is well established in home country and that she has ties or assets that will compel her to leave Canada.

We plan on applying again with the following documents and I was wondering if that would suffice:
  • Invitation letter by myself (host) with employment letter showing salary, and my property tax bill to demonstrate that I own a property here in Toronto. She will be staying with me the entire trip and I mention that in the invitiation letter.
  • Her employment letter from Egypt, with the salary and a written statement by her employer confirming when she will be back
  • Her parent's Bank Statements whom we will mention in the cover letter that they will be supporting the costs of her parents
  • Her own bank statements - her parents recently deposited a large sum of money ($10k) into her account to support her expenses for the trip - this will be mentioned in the cover letter
  • Reason for travel - she will be visiting some universities because she is interested in doing graduate studies so some appointments have been set for November; in addition, we will be including a daily itinerary with costs to show that she has planned the trip out (2 weeks)
  • The cover letter will mention that her entire family lives in Egypt and that she has to return to Egypt for her work - this is to prove her ties to Egypt.
I am concerned that this information is not enough based on my findings from all the forums. Can someone please provide me with more guidance on what documentation I should include to support my case.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't use that reason for visiting. Saying that she's coming to check out schools makes it sound like she has plans to stay in Canada long term.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, she still has a weak application which could lead to another TRV refusal:
1. Her personal financial situation is weak. She is dependent on her parents to pay for her visit.

2. A weak personal financial situation also indirectly indicates a weak employment situation = Her employment is not a strong reason to return to Egypt

3. Hope you did not mention she is your girlfriend in your previous invitation letter

4. She does not have any strong reasons to return to her home country (no property ownership/lease + no dependent family + no strong financial situation)

5. She does not have any previous travel history, including to countries such as the US/UK/Schengen/Australia, etc. That could help to some extent

MidoIndeedo

Sep 19, 2017
I wouldn't use that reason for visiting. Saying that she's coming to check out schools makes it sound like she has plans to stay in Canada long term.
Thanks for your response. She has also has another family member who lives here, If we ask them to write an invitation letter in addition to mine, would that be a good enough purpose?

MidoIndeedo

Sep 19, 2017
Unfortunately, she still has a weak application which could lead to another TRV refusal:
1. Her personal financial situation is weak. She is dependent on her parents to pay for her visit.

2. A weak personal financial situation also indirectly indicates a weak employment situation = Her employment is not a strong reason to return to Egypt

3. Hope you did not mention she is your girlfriend in your previous invitation letter

4. She does not have any strong reasons to return to her home country (no property ownership/lease + no dependent family + no strong financial situation)

5. She does not have any previous travel history, including to countries such as the US/UK/Schengen/Australia, etc. That could help to some extent
Thanks Bryanna for your response. I didn't mention she is my girlfriend because I had a feeling it wouldn't be helpful. She has in fact traveled before. She's been to Europe once and another country in the Middle East. She has a Shengen and she recently got her US Visa. I didn't mention that last time but I will in the cover letter this time. Other than that, do you think there is anything else I can provide them with to make the application stronger?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately there are currently many asylum claims coming from Egypt so CIC is being quite cautious when it comes to Egyptian visas in general I think. Best of luck.