+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV, PWGP and graduation after SP

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
My current program is ending on December 16, 2022.
I had recently extended my previous SP to cover for this program and was granted permit for upto March 31, 2023 ( some 90 days extra after college finishing time).
So, Now I am also thinking of applying to extend TRV also based on SP so that I can return to Canada.
I am planning to travel outside for 1 month only somewhere December 16, 2022 to March 31, 2023 ...
So Can I travel outside and return to Canada during those 3 months even if I would have already completed studies in december .
Please note I am intending to travel outside only after applying for PWGP..
So can I travel and return to canada at that time? I am in confusion as I will have Study permit (but not actively studying) and Implied PWGP only ( since i dont expect to get PWGP decision soon enough).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My current program is ending on December 16, 2022.
I had recently extended my previous SP to cover for this program and was granted permit for upto March 31, 2023 ( some 90 days extra after college finishing time).
So, Now I am also thinking of applying to extend TRV also based on SP so that I can return to Canada.
I am planning to travel outside for 1 month only somewhere December 16, 2022 to March 31, 2023 ...
So Can I travel outside and return to Canada during those 3 months even if I would have already completed studies in december .
Please note I am intending to travel outside only after applying for PWGP..
So can I travel and return to canada at that time? I am in confusion as I will have Study permit (but not actively studying) and Implied PWGP only ( since i dont expect to get PWGP decision soon enough).
PGWP and study permit have nothing to do with it. Do you have a valid TRV to re-enter Canada?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sounds like you are outside of Canada. You need to apply for TRV to travel back.
It cannot be expended.

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I am inside canada currently..
But about to finish studies.
And will have TRV until March 2023
But I won't be studying from December to march cause I will have completed studies already on December..
So when returning to Canada after 1 months outside during that particular period
I am afraid I will be stopped at Border despite having TRV and valid study permit but not actively studying (cause already finished)...

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I will have TRV but If border officer asks in Border "what Will you do In Canada" ,
Can I just reply "to study" even if I have already completed studies??

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Thanks, I was just afraid border officer might refuse entry cause I will be like in a awkward situation..
An implied status only of PWGP
and a Study visa (but not actively studying).