It should be delivered by 3pm today.

vikram295

Apr 16, 2013
Dear All

Applied online on March 8th.
Recieved Passport Request - April 1st
Submitted Passport NY Consulate Drop Box - April 10
Waiting to Hear Back

The issue is that I have an upcoming trip on April 25th to India, for which I need my Passport back and this trip can not be re-scheduled. Have emailed for expedite reequest, have also faxed an Expedite Request along with the itinerary for upcoming trip - lets see what happens, if this does not comes through by Friday, I am going back to the consulate to see what they say...will update.

By the way, if anyone applied around March 8th and has already recvd the passport back please update the forum.

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
I'm on the same boat and very apprehensive about this whole process. Have still not heard anything after three emails to the consulate. Vikram, let us know if you hear any contact from your fax/email. I also have a trip scheduled for the April 23 and am dreading the possibility of having to cancel or change my plans.

My timeline:
Applied online - March 9th
Passport request - April 1
Passport received by NY Consulate (express mail) - April 3
No news since.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Vikram or Killerpnk

I have been waiting from march 11, Many of other folks are in that range...We believe this week we might get some update.. :)

chemezlaboo

Apr 16, 2013
jds2013 said:
I applied online on March 7. They requested I mailed my passport on April 1. It was delivered in NYC on April 2, and still no news...
I sent an envelope for express delivery, no information on the tracking # yet, so it hasn't left the consulate. I wanted to travel this weekend, I'm rescheduling my trip.

There is info here on processing times for LA. I also wonder how long the NYC office is taking to stamp the passports
Where did you find information about sending in prepaid envelopes? How did you send them prepaid express envelopes without knowing the date they will be mailing it back to you?

I see nothing on the CIC site about this.

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
chemezlaboo said:
Where did you find information about sending in prepaid envelopes? How did you send them prepaid express envelopes without knowing the date they will be mailing it back to you?

I see nothing on the CIC site about this.
Under the instructions for sending your passport (once you select which city you'll be sending it to) they say:

"To submit by mail or courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, as well as a Pre-paid flat rate U.S. Postal Service "Express Mail envelope" (9"x12")with the following information:

A complete mailing label on the return envelope showing your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field and the address of the Canadian Consulate General in New York in the "Return Address" field
A daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address

If you chose to not provide us with such a return envelope, we will mail you via regular mail (US Postal Service First Class Mail)."

It's a flat rate envelope, so you just put the label on it with your address and pay the stamps. The tracking number becomes "active" once they put the envelope back in the mail.

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
msreeeni said:
Any updates from your end? Canadian Consulate is not responding for any further Inquires
I sent a flat rate envelop instead of Express Mail. Later I realized. How can I get to know the tracking number once they send the mail?
I checked with USPS, they said at this point they cannot convert flat rate to express mail

Cong! to all who received the visa. :) and wish good luck for all in Q including me

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Senika said:
Msreeni

I have appointment on 6th may- Let see how it goes- :(
Senika, my apt date was april 8th and now its been postponed to april 22nd. Looks like I need to postpone further :(

vikram295

Apr 16, 2013
So Gents

Thought I would update:

Today, I got my TRV, Multiple Entry, 2 Years Valid. So My time line looks like this:

March 8th 2013 - Online Application submitted
March 30th 2013 - Request For Passport Notification
April 10th, 2013 - Passport submitted in person in NY Consulate (Drop Box)
April 17th, 2013 - Passport Collected in person, NY Canadian Consulate.

Now before you guys jump on with your questions, a few further clarifications:
Mine was a Business Visitor Visa (class B1), I was sponsored by my employers in US and our subsidiary in Canada.
I have an upcoming trip to India on April 25th, I went to Canadian Consulate prepared to withdraw my application in order to get my Visa.
I filled up a withdraw application form and took a number, after about 3 hours, went to the counter, told the lady my story and she took my papers and I also provided her with my India trip itinerary and a letter pleading urgent processing alongwith the Withdraw form. The lady said wait, waited for another hour, called again asked when I deposited Passport said so, wait again. This time waited 45 minutes, called again handed over the passport along with Visa stamped.
She did say that they are now processing the turnaround / mailing for March 2nd week. Infact, there was another guy who was there with March 2nd week application who also got his passport back with Visa stamped - his was in the mailroom and they got him that from there.
So, Good Luck guys!

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi Vikram295

Really nice for your narration and congrats. Mine was applied on 11 march in-person in NYC- so since they are processing the march second week, is that any way possible for me to expect this week. Since most of the cases i hear from other folks are online submission- but i did in-person submission

Thanks!