+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV processing in NY Canada Consulate - Recent

nj_ottawah1b

Apr 1, 2013
Hi

I applied on March 8th for TRV and still waiting as of April 9th.

From last week I did not see any update on who last received the passport for TRV.

Last I noticed was, person who applied on March 1st received passport on April 4th.

Please update if anyone got the passport who applied between March 4th - March8th.

Thank you.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hey I applied in-person on 11th March still waiting as yours. Please keep update once you receive the passport. Thanks!

jds2013

Apr 5, 2013
I applied online on March 7. They requested I mailed my passport on April 1. It was delivered in NYC on April 2, and still no news...
I sent an envelope for express delivery, no information on the tracking # yet, so it hasn't left the consulate. I wanted to travel this weekend, I'm rescheduling my trip.

There is info here on processing times for LA. I also wonder how long the NYC office is taking to stamp the passports

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
I applied for Canada TRV on Mar 12, 2013. I have not received my passport yet.
Please let me know if there are any ways to find the visa status. I tried calling NY office and 1-800** number on consulate site, no response.

I emailed to newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca today morning, waiting for the response.

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi msreeeni

I have applied TRV on 11th March 2013 @NYC in-person. not yet received any update, same as you...Planning to send out an email today....Kindly keep in loop we will check to-gether.Thanks!

magicfox

Apr 15, 2013
Here's my status.

3/4/2013 Mailed application with USPS Express
3/5/2013 Received by Canada Consulate
3/12/2013 Money Order processed and cleared by bank

And no update ever since... :(

dman91

Dec 30, 2012
I mailed the application to the consulate, which was received by them on March 20th. No update since then :(

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi magicfox

Did you applied in NYC- by Mail- ? btw how you checked that your money order got processed?

Thanks!

magicfox

Apr 15, 2013
Yes, I mailed to the Consulate in NYC.

To check the money order status, I went to the bank with the Money Order receipt, in my case, it's BoA.

Senika said:
Hi magicfox

Did you applied in NYC- by Mail- ? btw how you checked that your money order got processed?

Thanks!

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi magicfox

My Guess is that we will get the application status by this week for those who applied on second week of march- because till last week i was hearing from people who submitted first week of march. We will keep our fingers crossed.

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
I got the email response back quickly, thanks god. Here is the below email response

Dear Sir/Madam,

In regards to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada, please note that your application has been received and is in queue for processing. For processing times please refer to our general websites: cic.gc.ca or to newyork.gc.ca

For your reference your file number is XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Should you wish to withdraw your application, please reply by email (include WITHDRAW in the subject line) or by fax: 212-596-1791/1725

Regards,
Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY

Senika

Apr 11, 2013
Hi msreeeni

I even thought of sending an email to NYC- I believe i would get the same response as yours since my was applied on 11th March- but one thing i couldnt figure out that even in website it was mentioned as 20 days to process for NYC- then what else it could be the reason that is still in Queue for processing.

Thanks!

msreeeni

Apr 15, 2013
Senika,

Check the below link
canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=dAny

Min Processing time 30Days and they requested to apply 3 months prior.