+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV IMM5708 instead of IMM5257

Manjot1451

Dec 28, 2023
I'm in the same situation as all of you.

Solution (for a couple): Do it separately, it will trigger the right form 5257.
Solution (family with kids): Do it on paper :( I know, it will take more time (a lot compared to online), but the system just won't trigger the right form.
Alternative solution (family with kids): Through a representative, they have a portal with different options and they can apply directly to what they want (TRV)so they will get it easier.
Heyy i am in the same situation!!!! Please let me
Thanks jasmy11

Actually, I already read these pages a lot of times, but there is no clear explanation about the children, and when I am applying, the system presents me 5257, but it presents 5708 to my daughter, and we can not solve this problem. my wife and I can take it separately in 10 days, nor problem, but we are stuck for our daughter.

Thanks again for your kind explanations and replies; I will keep looking at it again. and I will wait the other friends replies who had this problem before and has any children,

Regards
hey i am facing the same situation!!! Pls let me know if you got any solution!!

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Heyy i am in the same situation!!!! Please let me

hey i am facing the same situation!!! Pls let me know if you got any solution!!
ok, I did it last month for my family and me. The thing is, you have to apply for each one separately. I did one application for my spouse and paid it, then one child, then the other, and then myself, now I have all 4 passports with a renewed visa.

Manjot1451

Dec 28, 2023
ok, I did it last month for my family and me. The thing is, you have to apply for each one separately. I did one application for my spouse and paid it, then one child, then the other, and then myself, now I have all 4 passports with a renewed visa.
Hi thanks for replying!!! I got trv for my husband and myself!!! But i am not able to for my daughter as m getting wrong for IMM5708!!! So i am stuck how to do it for her !!! Can u pls let me know how u did it for ur kids

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi thanks for replying!!! I got trv for my husband and myself!!! But i am not able to for my daughter as m getting wrong for IMM5708!!! So i am stuck how to do it for her !!! Can u pls let me know how u did it for ur kids
It’s the same but instead of working status is student status. It will ask you for their grades and funds proof, so I added their scorecards and my paystubs and job letter and that’s it.

Manjot1451

Dec 28, 2023
Hi thanks for replying! Can we connect over the whatsapp as i am not able to do it,, m getting IMM5707 again n again

Manjot1451

Dec 28, 2023
It’s the same but instead of working status is student status. It will ask you for their grades and funds proof, so I added their scorecards and my paystubs and job letter and that’s it.
But she is not having study permit she is on visitor visa

Manjot1451

Dec 28, 2023
Any update on this one? I am in the same situation.
how did you guys finally proceed?
-Paper submission
-IMM5708 for Spouse (family member)
-Separate application for Spouse (Family member)

Thanks
Hey can you please let me know how you applied then! I am in the same situation

Tarela

Feb 24, 2024
Hello.
Could you explain me please if your kids have visitor or student visa?
In addition to that, do you have to create one difference IRCC account for each one?
thank you for your time.

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Same situation for me. If I try to submit TRV application for adult & minor through same GCkey account, the minor gets IMM5708 form triggered. However, if I create 2 separate applications using 2 different GCKey accounts, then I get separate IMM5257 forms for each. The problem with this approach however is that I don't know whether a minor is allowed to have a GCkey account and be the primary applicant? Secondly, for the minor, there is a long list of supporting documents such as transcripts and proof of continued education, which are not available in my case where the minor is attending elementary school.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Same situation for me. If I try to submit TRV application for adult & minor through same GCkey account, the minor gets IMM5708 form triggered. However, if I create 2 separate applications using 2 different GCKey accounts, then I get separate IMM5257 forms for each. The problem with this approach however is that I don't know whether a minor is allowed to have a GCkey account and be the primary applicant? Secondly, for the minor, there is a long list of supporting documents such as transcripts and proof of continued education, which are not available in my case where the minor is attending elementary school.
Hi VikTheRam,

Were you able to resolve the issue? I'm in a similar situation. I get the IMM5257 for my spouse and IMM5708 for my kid (if I apply as a separate application with my GCKey account or as an additional family member in my spouse's application through spouse's GCKey account). I did not try creating a new GCKey account for my kid yet and I'm not sure if one is even allowed to do that for a minor.

VikTheRam

May 11, 2023
Hi VikTheRam,

Were you able to resolve the issue? I'm in a similar situation. I get the IMM5257 for my spouse and IMM5708 for my kid (if I apply as a separate application with my GCKey account or as an additional family member in my spouse's application through spouse's GCKey account). I did not try creating a new GCKey account for my kid yet and I'm not sure if one is even allowed to do that for a minor.
You can check this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/guidance-for-trv-application-from-inside-canada-after-receiving-student-permit-extension-of-minor-child.838961/

One member here did this by creating a separate GCKey for his minor child and submitted the application accordingly. He got the approval within a few days. I have yet to file the TRV application but am also planning to follow the same procedure. Apply for my wife through her own GCKey and separately apply for my son through a separate GCKey.

Tarela

Feb 24, 2024
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/guidance-for-trv-application-from-inside-canada-after-receiving-student-permit-extension-of-minor-child.838961/

One member here did this by creating a separate GCKey for his minor child and submitted the application accordingly. He got the approval within a few days. I have yet to file the TRV application but am also planning to follow the same procedure. Apply for my wife through her own GCKey and separately apply for my son through a separate GCKey.
hello, you have to create all the applications from your own ircc account. One by one. It works! The most important is that you have to fill the right form for TrV: 5257

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020

Thanks for the quick response.

For my kid who is in elementary school (age 10), when I select 'Study' for 'What would you like to do in Canada?', I get this question 'Do you have a provincial attestation letter?'. Not sure what to answer for this one. Do I answer 'Yes' and attach his study permit to the application?

He already has a study permit which is good for another year and a half.

I'm using my GCKey account for my kid's application, so maybe I'm getting these options which I probably won't if I create a separate GCKey account. I don't see the using a family member representative question either and no relevant forms were added to the submission package.