+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Spouse

abdelilah1el

May 22, 2012
Good evening;
My situation is somehow different and a little bit strange,I got married in Toronto/Canada,my wife is working there under live in care giver and she has already applied for PR last July 2011 as she included me in her application,so that we can receive our PR residency at the same time.If you check the CIC website,you will see that the process takes arount 32 months for LIVE-in-Care-giver according to the CIC website.But she is living and working inside Canada while I am outside Canada,I was told the process outside Canada is faster and more legal,is that true?
As we have applied since last July 2011,I could obtain three visitors visas,the last one will expire on January 2013.Every times I applied for TRV,I am always given one year at most with Multiple entries,however some people could get five years?I would like to know how long is it going to take at most as I am outside Canada?We received this January 2012 a letter from the CIC in Toronto asking my wife to confirm her husband's address and phone number for being reached by a canadian immigration office in Morocco .
Please let me hear from you as quickly as possible and thank you for your advice

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
HI ALL YOU GUYS, AS FAR AS I KNOW THOSE OF YOU THAT HAS SPOUSAL APPLICATION ALREADY SUBMITTED OUTSIDE CANADA HAS 0% OF GETTING A POSITIVE RESULT.
This is WRONG. After my sponsorship was approved my wife applied for a visitor visa in the meantime. She was granted one very quickly. I made sure to mention the application in process. I gave good...NON-PERMANENT... reasons to visit. And provided good reasons to return... her job, her son at home, and to continue the out of country visa application which was already in process. The important thing is that it is a TEMPORARY visa. So it is important that you show you understand that, that she is going to return home to finish the visa application already in process.

I was told the process outside Canada is faster and more legal,is that true?
It is faster yes. It is NOT more legal. It is however the method that CIC prefers you to use it seems.

zarinanney

Feb 13, 2017
Dear all,

please see my below questions, and if possible please reply...

1. after getting the student visa, can his wife apply for TRV within a month??? or how much time gap necessary for this?
2. If wife has visit visa and she is in canada then Husband has student visa after that, then in this case how a wife will get TRV or dependent visa???

Regards,
Zarin