+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
My wife got her passport back in the mail with the TRV, and they gave her a 5 year TRV.

is that normal? Should she have a return ticket when she arrives, considering she has a 5 year stamp?

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
My wife got her passport back in the mail with the TRV, and they gave her a 5 year TRV.

is that normal? Should she have a return ticket when she arrives, considering she has a 5 year stamp?
i presume the passport validity also is getting over in 5 years , hence the timeline for vv as well. Its normal .
Most of the times people do get refundable return ticket in case the officer ask for it at the poe.
Is it a multiple entry or single entry ?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
i presume the passport validity also is getting over in 5 years , hence the timeline for vv as well. Its normal .
Most of the times people do get refundable return ticket in case the officer ask for it at the poe.
Thanks for replying!

it’s a multiple entry visa, you’re right about her passport expiry date :)

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023

BTW, don't be mistaken, the visa expiry date and the length of allowed stay has nothing to do with each other. If you don't apply for owp, the usual stay length is limited to 6 months or whatever the officer will indicate at the port of entry.

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Yes, I updated them 3 times already. They respond with a generic reply with my 1st webform about address change under “sponsorship”. 2nd one with address change under “change contact” and 3rd one with adress change and request for virtual landing under “sponsorship”.

They updated my spouse and dependents prtracker today with the Canadian address.Now it’s time to wait for the virtual landing.
Hi,comarxx how are you and family?
My husband is here in canada since the 4th of this month TRV
COPR showed at the tracker yesterday the 9th
I changed his address under sponsor.
I changed address webform to hes country where hes application is submitted.
How long will it take for the new address get updated at the PR tracker?
The virtual landing request will i only send webform once he gets his PPR request?
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Most airlines require you to have a return ticket as assurance that they won’t have to be financially responsible if you get denied entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can the spouse leave Canada after applying for the spouse OWP after a few days of landing and comeback on TRV once the work permit is received by post? I am assuming the TRV will be multiple entry.
Spouse should be in Canada or apply when they return to Canada permanently. Access to an OWP while in Canada waiting for Outland sponsorship is a benefit for those staying in Canada.

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
Can the spouse leave Canada after applying for the spouse OWP after a few days of landing and comeback on TRV once the work permit is received by post? I am assuming the TRV will be multiple entry.
This does not make sense, if at all you plan to leave canada and then intend to come back , why not just wait for spousal PR to be completed. This way you would not have to get into unnecessary hassle of applying for TRV or OWP. Sorry i did not get the point here.

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
This does not make sense, if at all you plan to leave canada and then intend to come back , why not just wait for spousal PR to be completed. This way you would not have to get into unnecessary hassle of applying for TRV or OWP. Sorry i did not get the point here.
Because I don't want my spouse to leave her job back home, come here on TRV and sit without a job for upto 5 months until the OWP is processed. I understand that I can simply wait till sponsorship process to be completed but I was looking for ways for us to reunited sooner and for her to atleast start looking for a job when she comes back after OWP is processed.

Reactions: ERCAN

abhisheksingh0221

Nov 7, 2022
Because I don't want my spouse to leave her job back home, come here on TRV and sit without a job for upto 5 months until the OWP is processed. I understand that I can simply wait till sponsorship process to be completed but I was looking for ways for us to reunited sooner and for her to atleast start looking for a job when she comes back after OWP is processed.
yeah makes sense. i am in a similar situation. I assume you'd have applied for spousal PR and have gotten AOR. 'cause that's when you'd be able to apply for OWP. so that's like 6-7 months till you get the OWP.

not sure if after applying for OWP, one can leave canada. but one option could be convincing the employer to let you work from canada, if its possible woud be the best option. or else just wait out for spousal PR which now-a-days taking 6 months (for india).

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
yeah makes sense. i am in a similar situation. I assume you'd have applied for spousal PR and have gotten AOR. 'cause that's when you'd be able to apply for OWP. so that's like 6-7 months till you get the OWP.

not sure if after applying for OWP, one can leave canada. but one option could be convincing the employer to let you work from canada, if its possible woud be the best option. or else just wait out for spousal PR which now-a-days taking 6 months (for india).
Convincing employer is impossible as they will know that you will be quitting as soon as you get the PR and this will cause issues with the background check that happens when you get a job in Canada so this is not really an option, it's better to be upfront with your employer and leave your job. Also, if your employer in India knows that you are applying for PR, they will kick you out immediately, I have seen this happening.

On your second point, its baffling to see that OWP and spouse PR have almost the same processing time.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi Guys,

I have applied for spouse TRV on September 29. (Sponsorship app submitted on September 26)
After biometrics on October 04,there is no update at all.

I called IRCC centre ,an agent mentioned that our file is in New Delhi VO. Tracker got an update: "We received an enquiry on October 17"

My question is : Will they reject the application based on the dates mentioned for travel in the application : October 21 to October 29,2023 .As my wife is resuming job from November 1st .My wife employer mentioned the dates for leave in the letter so we used the same for application as well.
By the time an officer touches my file ,the dates of travel will be elapsed.

Should I withdraw or continue with my application ? Please suggest

Last edited: