+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
I guess mine will be rejected...my wife got a ghost update today but nothing has changed in her document section. Congrats !!
I’ll write out my timeline here, hopefully it will give you some insight

Trv application: July 4

Eligibility from not started to complete: September 4

Biometrics complete: September 18

Document numbers uploaded: September 18

For the PR. All steps have been completed. Have the pre arrival letter

Reactions: Sddiin

vid_west

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I’ll write out my timeline here, hopefully it will give you some insight

Trv application: July 4

Eligibility from not started to complete: September 4

Biometrics complete: September 18

Document numbers uploaded: September 18

For the PR. All steps have been completed. Have the pre arrival letter

Hope you get it soon :) I have a similar situation like yours. Only thing I applied TRV on Aug 6. No movement after that. Can I ask where you applied from. I mean PA's country?

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Hope you get it soon :) I have a similar situation like yours. Only thing I applied TRV on Aug 6. No movement after that. Can I ask where you applied from. I mean PA's country?
Sure! PA is in India, and I’m a Canadian citizen

PA also had a complicated history. My wife had like 4 other failed visitor visa attempts.

so not a great application.

I didn’t include any of her financials at all.

only my financials were there.

in my letter I was very straight about the purpose. I explained it was for her to come to Canada and wait for her PR application to complete.

Reactions: vid_west

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
This is a grim scene. More and more TRV Refusals.

It seems they have quietly updated the TRV- Family Reunification policy again. Instead of AOR - perhaps IRCC seems to be issuing TRVs only incases where Spousal PR has passed Eligibility and background check as well. - Somewhere around the time when you'd get your COPR , you will also get PPR for TRV.

Reactions: Muhammad Shakil

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
First thing - Fraser is gone! He is no more handling portfolio of IRCC, he is in housing now. There is another guy.
And right when the other guy came in - we started getting messages of refusal on this forum. You can look it up - and match the dates.

Secondly, to be fair to Fraser and IRCC, the policy was never 100% clearly shared on the CIC website with each single details and clauses. It did not even clearly spell out the requirement of AOR. But it said in vague words - that the applications must be in process and perhaps crossed certain milestones. Some keen observers like @armoured @Kaibigan @ERCAN and others noticed it at that point, and we started discussing what will happen next. And we knew that there is a lot of 'FINE TUNING' coming in this policy.....but I did not expect a halt and suspension of the policy - as the situation currently seems.
Did anyone applied for the open work permit after entering Canada on TRV as per Fraser announcement?

vky0123

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I just submitted trv application for my wife , her bank statement about 17000$ . Letter for kids school about upcoming vacations. My wife is just home maker no job so i put my statement and job details.
Bought travel insurance for 2 months for coming family members and tentative air tickets.
Hope it helps.....
My biometric and family medical was done upon request by ircc in their pr application.
Good luck everyone
Did anyone applied for Open work permit after coming on TRV?

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Can the spouse leave Canada after applying for the spouse OWP after a few days of landing and comeback on TRV once the work permit is received by post? I am assuming the TRV will be multiple entry.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Can the spouse leave Canada after applying for the spouse OWP after a few days of landing and comeback on TRV once the work permit is received by post? I am assuming the TRV will be multiple entry.
It is a new program and we do not know. There is the possibility they could look up entries/departures and decide to prioritize those whom the program was designed to address and support - those in Canada - and leave the files of those who departed to 'age.' I doubt they'd go to the effort but it's possible.

sg1234

Star Member
May 14, 2020
It is a new program and we do not know. There is the possibility they could look up entries/departures and decide to prioritize those whom the program was designed to address and support - those in Canada - and leave the files of those who departed to 'age.' I doubt they'd go to the effort but it's possible.
Isn't inland SOWP the old regular program? I thought only the TRV thing is new.