+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for previously refused refugee claimant

Nora23

Oct 30, 2012
I have searched the forum (I'm new :)) but could not find the answer I am looking for. Hopefully somebody can give me an advise.

My parents are previously refused refugee claimants. I am a PR. I had a baby this year and would like to invite my mother to visit my family and me in Canada. They left voluntarily. Bought their own ticket. We were told that if they were to ever apply for a visa there should be no issues since they left voluntarily.

How can I thoroughly explain or what extra paperwork should I provide to increase the chances for the visa (just visiting for one month)? Should we rather apply for a super visa, single o multiple entry? Which one is 'easier' to get?

Thanks for all the input.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Despite what they were told upon leaving, your parents are at risk of having their visa denied simply because they have family in Canada. If a VO sees even one reason that a person may overstay, the visa can be denied. They have tried to stay in Canada before. It does speak in their favor that they left voluntarily, so I would include proof of this in the application.

Your parents will need to provide as much proof as they can that they have strong ties to their home country, such as property, jobs, other family members, and anything else you can think of. Even something as simple as a doctor's appointment (intent to return) can help.

Super Visa is a good option, as it's a multiple entry visa, meaning they can visit more than once without having to get a new visa.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

"Who can apply" has more information about how CIC determines who is eligible for a super visa.

Nora23

Oct 30, 2012
Thank you for the reply. Ties in home country are strong as my mom is applying for herself only, leaving behind my brother and father. She's got property, a job and financial stability in her home country. Keeping my fingers crossed that the proof will be enou for her to visit ::)

HIS

Jan 15, 2013
Hi I am kind of new with this blog, I have a question, my parents were refugee claimants 2 or 3 years ago and they got rejected so they left Canada voluntarily, my question is :
Will they eligible to apply for a super visa ? And what their chances of getting the super visa ?
Me and My wife we both are PR and We finished our citizenship test not too long ago and my 2 kids they both are Canadian born citizen.

Please help me for my question, Thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HIS said:
Hi I am kind of new with this blog, I have a question, my parents were refugee claimants 2 or 3 years ago and they got rejected so they left Canada voluntarily, my question is :
Will they eligible to apply for a super visa ? And what their chances of getting the super visa ?
Me and My wife we both are PR and We finished our citizenship test not too long ago and my 2 kids they both are Canadian born citizen.

Please help me for my question, Thank you so much
They are eligible to apply for both a visitor visa and a super visa. The chances they will be approved are probably on the low side due to their failed refugee claim. To be approved for either, they must demonstrate that they have strong ties to their home country and no plans to remain in Canada long term. Given their immigration history, CIC may be suspicious of their intentions. However they can always try applying and see what happens.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Not sure if refugee is same as H&C

My folks came here 4 years ago on TRV and tried to apply on H & C Grounds but were denied. They went back before visa expired and got 5 year Multiple TRV ( till end of passport expiration ) this may. They had Canadian visa from before, extensive travel history and ongoing sponsorship app in New Delhi.

I sent a normal invite ( see sig ) and they didn't show a single document showing their properties, assets etc

Hope this helps

Sherry1981

Jun 12, 2013
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum too, and kind of in the same situation as your parents. Just wondering whether your parents received visa. My uncle is planning to visit his son soon and also had refused by refugee status more than 15 years ago.But he has very good travel history.

Sherry1981

Jun 12, 2013
Sherry1981 said:
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum too, and kind of in the same situation as your parents. Just wondering whether your parents received visa. My uncle is planning to visit his son soon and also had refused by refugee status more than 15 years ago.But he has very good travel history.