+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for inland sponsorship?

Mkahiel

Sep 17, 2020
I am Canadian in Egypt since February, get married an Egyptian wife and would like to take her with me back to Canada ASAP. can I just go to airline/airport and say I am exempt “family reunion - COVID-19 “ or I still need to apply for visa “TRV“?. My marriage contract is final and certified.
Also, applying for TRV would it effect my sponsorship application or do I need to start sponsorship process before TRV?
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am Canadian in Egypt since February, get married an Egyptian wife and would like to take her with me back to Canada ASAP. can I just go to airline/airport and say I am exempt “family reunion - COVID-19 “ or I still need to apply for visa “TRV“?. My marriage contract is final and certified.
Also, applying for TRV would it effect my sponsorship application or do I need to start sponsorship process before TRV?
Thanks
If your wife needed a visa before covid, she will still need one and needs to apply in advance and receive visa before going to Canada. (The 'exemption' is that a regular TRV visa holder - without immediate family in Canada - would not be allowed to travel under covid rules at all).

TRV application will not affect your sponsorship application. Regardless of whether you apply for sponsorship before or after TRV, it does not mean chances of getting a TRV are good. If she does get a visa, you can go to Canada together and apply inland.

Important point: if/when she applies for TRV, do not lie about her marital status. That could get her banned from visiting Canada at all and indeed coming to Canada as a permanent resident.

Unforutnately, if she does not get a TRV, she will have to apply outland and remain outside Canada until PR or TRV approved (she can apply multiple times for TRV, although doesn't mean she will get approved). If you are a Canadian citizen, you can remain with her outside Canada, but will need to demonstrate your intent to return to Canada.

The usual scrutiny of your marriage and relationship will apply. Make your application solid rather than rushing it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks
Your wife still needs a valid visa that will allow her to travel to Canada. So yes, she needs a TRV to board an airplane and she can't travel wtihout one. Submit the TRV application as soon as you can. It make take quite some time to process.

Applying for the TRV will not impact her sponsorship application.

I would apply for the TRV first. If the TRV is approved then you can travel to Canada and apply for PR through the inland route. If the TRV is refused, you will need to sponsor her outland and she will need to remain in Egypt until her PR visa is approved.