+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Denied

Serenity

May 18, 2013
My application for TRV was denied. I applied in April to Attend SEC Assessment in Langley, BC. The reasons for refusal were:
1. No travel History
2. No Asset
3. Insufficient fund (I had almost $CD6000).
I will like to reapply. What can I do to change my present status? Should I make an unnecessary trip to another country so as to have a travel history. How can I obtain an asset? I am thinking of registering a personal business (will it serve the purpose?) Finally, How much is considered "sufficient" for a week stay in British Columbia?
Considering that I have limited time before the deadline for the assessment. What will be the best way to solve these problems?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Unfortunately, you won't be able to in a short time

Travel history is gained over period of time, it shows that you visited and came back to home country.
Assets is like properties etc - ( home, business etc )
Other factors are flowing income, age, family back home to go back to, marital status etc

Basically, the officer sees as you someone who will go to visit and overstay

Serenity

May 18, 2013
User828, Thank you for your response. I have till December before my Invitation letter will invalid. I have a good well paying job here and regular stream of income and intend to own a business next month. I am 26 and have all my family members here in my country.
I can improve on my financial status and asset, but I basically cannot do anything about my travel history (I've never had any reason to travel). Do you think it's pointless applying again? Or is there any chance they might overlook the history?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Serenity said:
User828, Thank you for your response. I have till December before my Invitation letter will invalid. I have a good well paying job here and regular stream of income and intend to own a business next month. I am 26 and have all my family members here in my country.
I can improve on my financial status and asset, but I basically cannot do anything about my travel history (I've never had any reason to travel). Do you think it's pointless applying again? Or is there any chance they might overlook the history?
They have a record of the refusal and you need to write that in the form when you apply again. You can gain some points with the points you mentioned and try again in 3-4 months
If you don't have travel history then focus on other things which are in your hands and provide invite letter again

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
Hi all

I want to share my experience here. I am from Nepal, My wife is in Canada right now she has completed her PG course and in her convocation she invite me and i do soo on but my Visa was rejected. They rejected me in just 1 day. They give me soo many nonsense reason like.

My travel history- Till now i don't need to travel anywhere beside India, but we don't need visa to travel India.

My family ties in Canada and Nepal- I am the only one son of my family i have to look after my family and there is my dad business which i have to run in near future. I have show all details of it.

purpose of my visit - I clearly mention that my purpose of visit is to attain my wife convocation ceremony. I don't think that my purpose of visit is not clear.

I don't have sufficient Fund for travel- I have shown 16000 cad in my account i think which is enough to travel to Canada.

I have not provide Sufficient Document to support my Income and assets- I have attach all my income statement my salary sheet my pay slip my partner ship business income my dad business income all which is equivalent to around 37000 CAD per year which is sufficient.

I am permanent Job holder in a reputed international bank in Nepal.

Then also these VO was not satisfied on these above term then what should i show to them Guys tell me isn't this is sufficient for me to Travel To Canada for just 20 Days. These VO all are not good what they see i don't know. With these document it is ok to give study permit for my wife bt for me to visit her in one of the important day of her life is not good.

These all VO from Delhi are bullshit ........ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
krish526 said:
Hi all

I want to share my experience here. I am from Nepal, My wife is in Canada right now she has completed her PG course and in her convocation she invite me and i do soo on but my Visa was rejected. They rejected me in just 1 day. They give me soo many nonsense reason like.

My travel history- Till now i don't need to travel anywhere beside India, but we don't need visa to travel India.

My family ties in Canada and Nepal- I am the only one son of my family i have to look after my family and there is my dad business which i have to run in near future. I have show all details of it.

purpose of my visit - I clearly mention that my purpose of visit is to attain my wife convocation ceremony. I don't think that my purpose of visit is not clear.

I don't have sufficient Fund for travel- I have shown 16000 cad in my account i think which is enough to travel to Canada.

I have not provide Sufficient Document to support my Income and assets- I have attach all my income statement my salary sheet my pay slip my partner ship business income my dad business income all which is equivalent to around 37000 CAD per year which is sufficient.

Then also these VO was not satisfied on these above term then what should i show to them Guys tell me isn't this is sufficient for me to Travel To Canada for just 20 Days. These VO all are not good what they see i don't know. With these document it is ok to give study permit for my wife bt for me to visit her in one of the important day of her life is not good.

These all VO from Delhi are bull*censored word* ........ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
The 1st 2 points kinda did it for you right there

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
krish526 said:
Hi all

These all VO from Delhi are bull*censored word* ........ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Your father's assets and job don't mean squat for your TRV application. I didn't see anything in your description that was a real asset, such as a house or your own business.

It will be very difficult to get a TRV when your wife is in Canada.

Btw, those reasons aren't "nonsense." They are generic. If you want to know the detailed reasons, you need to order your case notes (or have your wife order them). These reasons are used for a lot of different things and sometimes mean very different things on different applications.

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
No Amikety

There is some land and 1 house in my name too valued 350000 CAD and there is one partnership business in my name and about my dad business he is sponsoring me for my entire trip. so how you think this is generic reason for me. And just want to ask 1 Question from the same income and assets and same sponsoring person it is ok to approve study permit but why not TRV?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
krish526 said:
No Amikety

There is some land and 1 house in my name too valued 350000 CAD and there is one partnership business in my name and about my dad business he is sponsoring me for my entire trip. so how you think this is generic reason for me. And just want to ask 1 Question from the same income and assets and same sponsoring person it is ok to approve study permit but why not TRV?
Those are generic for all the TRV denial forms. The IO picks which generic replies fit and they mark them in the letter. They are not tailored to your case. You need to order case notes to find out your detailed reasons.

Study permits you are allowed "Dual intent" which means to study temporarily with the goal of permanent immigration. Visitor visas do not have Dual Intent. (I haven't read their website in a while, but CIC used to have Dual Intent on the Study permit page and said it was allowed clearly.)

Anyway, as I've said, you need to order your case notes. One reason - "travel history." No one really knows what that means. It can mean not enough. It can mean too much. It can mean something completely different. You won't know unless you order the case file. (In your case, it's probably not enough, but I could be wrong.)

Another thing to remember is just because you know you're honest doesn't mean the VO knows this. They don't know you at all. You can't expect them to know your character.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
krish526 said:
And just want to ask 1 Question from the same income and assets and same sponsoring person it is ok to approve study permit but why not TRV?
Because if just one person goes then CIC assumes there's a very good chance they will return to their home country (because their partner / spouse is there). If both people try to come to Canada, it looks more probable that they have plans to remain long term.

johnnycage

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
Doc's Request.
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-02-2014
Med's Request
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
amikety said:
Your father's assets and job don't mean squat for your TRV application. I didn't see anything in your description that was a real asset, such as a house or your own business.

It will be very difficult to get a TRV when your wife is in Canada.

Btw, those reasons aren't "nonsense." They are generic. If you want to know the detailed reasons, you need to order your case notes (or have your wife order them). These reasons are used for a lot of different things and sometimes mean very different things on different applications.
How do you order your case notes and how long does it take?

Serenity

May 18, 2013
user828 said:
They have a record of the refusal and you need to write that in the form when you apply again. You can gain some points with the points you mentioned and try again in 3-4 months
If you don't have travel history then focus on other things which are in your hands and provide invite letter again
When I asked if they can overlook the "history" I meant my "travel history" which I can't do anything about it. However, I am really grateful for your response. I will change the statuses I can change and apply again after 3 months. I'm going to start a business next month and have it registered, then, before the time of re-applying I believe I'll have "sufficient" fund. I really appreciate your response. Thank you. :D

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I still don't understand what exactly is wrong with that IF they will extend their stay legally? Is their issue that they will "overstay" or that they don't want people staying? Or is extending your legal status now considered "overstaying"?

The wife can stay after studying, become PR and sponsor her husband. How exactly does that ensure she will go back? They could divorce(not that we wish that for them), what would make her go back?

It is very subjective and arbitrary - 5 visa officers could look at the same file and come up with 5 different reasons for refusal. It's the only visa type that gives officers so much discretion and it's not a transparent process at all.

They once denied me a student visa for not being a "bona fide" student. I re-applied, only change was an admission letter from another university in a different province. It was approved... by the same officer. HA!!! I know that because she was the only officer at the visa post.

My fiancé just got denied a TRV for get this:
1. purpose of visit - this is another stupid one. Why do people visit loved ones? If I've been through the system and never lived illegally, neither has my fiancé, on the balance of probabilities, why would he do that now?
2. length of proposed visit (4 weeks, specifically June 2nd - June 30th and travel insurance purchased for same dates)
3. travel history - had to laugh at this one. He studied in UK, returned home with a UK work visa still valid for 2 years; has obtained visitor visas and travelled to a number of EU countries and never overstayed. I guess he has never been to Canada, eh?

We've applied for GCMS notes - once I know the true reasons I'll send a very polite and constructive criticism of the entire process and forward one to that visa office. I can't believe my taxes are paying for such. Oh so looking forward to when I can cast my first vote.

My rant is not directed at you, Scylla. :) Just really frustrated with a system that collects money from applicants, creates a checklist of documents(a sham really) and is not transparent and does not require officers to provide specific reasons in the refusal letter. An applicant still has to pay $5(more revenue for the gov't) to learn of these reasons.

scylla said:
Because if just one person goes then CIC assumes there's a very good chance they will return to their home country (because their partner / spouse is there). If both people try to come to Canada, it looks more probable that they have plans to remain long term.

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
Hi all

Don't know what type of visa process is this but i only think about, what they done with my document just watching them for 1 day and made decision. I think they even didn't see my full document. I don't know much more about the visa process of Canada but i know that my document is enough for the visa. I think they are there in high commission not for searching good reason for travel and not for providing visa but, just for searching the reason the reason, how they can denied the visa.

Thank you all for the information...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you really had plans to start a business anyway, that's fine. But if you are doing it just to overcome a visa refusal, I don't think it's a good idea. For one, you do not want them to even think this is why you started a business because your credibility will be in question and nothing you do going forward will be helpful. Secondly, it requires a lot of financial sacrifice, so not something to do without a concrete plan.

Also, when you start a business it takes some time for it to be running and actually bringing in profit or steady income. In addition, you will need to provide tax documents, payroll information, registration, licences(if applicable), etc to satisfy the officer that it is bona fide.

So owning the business for just a few months is not likely to carry much weight(unfortunately) but perhaps after a full year of running or so it may be significant.

Just my humble opinion but the final decision is yours and I hope things go well for you. Happy Sunday. :)
Serenity said:
When I asked if they can overlook the "history" I meant my "travel history" which I can't do anything about it. However, I am really grateful for your response. I will change the statuses I can change and apply again after 3 months. I'm going to start a business next month and have it registered, then, before the time of re-applying I believe I'll have "sufficient" fund. I really appreciate your response. Thank you. :D