+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV approved for my boyfriend! Thank you Canadavisa forum :)

polarbear2017

Aug 28, 2017
I've been lurking here for months and I finally signed up for an account to say THANK YOU. As of this morning my boyfriend was approved for MEV and I owe much of our success to this forum. Thank you everyone for their contribution!! To be honest this was such a stressful experience as I was doing 95% of the work, plus I was extremely doubtful because there were just too many potential redflags in his application which made it difficult to make a strong case.

i.e.
- We are in a relationship (we contemplated heavily whether to disclose this, but in the end figured we should be honest)
- he has no $$ so I am paying for the whole trip
- he didn't have a bank account at the time and was only able to provide 2 months bank statements, instead of the usual 3 - 6
- In one of the months I transferred a huge lump sum into his account which we did not provide an explanation for
- The only country he's traveled to is Malaysia which didn't even require a visa, so his travel record is super weak to non-existent.

Despite all these red flags he was still given the green light, only God only knows why. I do think luck played a huge part, but we did also take a lot of time to put together an honest and thorough application which I believe helps.

To those still going through the process with their significant others, please don't give up hope.

The best advice I can give:
- be honest in your application
- emphasize strong ties to your home country as much as possible
- provide as-concrete-as-possible proof that you are only visiting will return at the end of your stay (return tickets, paid travel insurance, detailed plan of activities, etc.)
- Don't request a super long visit. (We asked for 2 weeks.)

If anyone has any questions at all I'm to happy to help :)

yamadori

Aug 14, 2017
Hey there, congratulations on getting your bf's TRV. Could you fill us in on the list of documents you had presented?

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
I've been lurking here for months and I finally signed up for an account to say THANK YOU. As of this morning my boyfriend was approved for MEV and I owe much of our success to this forum. Thank you everyone for their contribution!! To be honest this was such a stressful experience as I was doing 95% of the work, plus I was extremely doubtful because there were just too many potential redflags in his application which made it difficult to make a strong case.

i.e.
- We are in a relationship (we contemplated heavily whether to disclose this, but in the end figured we should be honest)
- he didn't have a bank account at the time and was only able to provide 2 months bank statements, instead of the usual 3 - 6
- In one of the months I transferred a huge lump sum into his account which we did not provide an explanation for
- The only country he's traveled to is Malaysia which didn't even require a visa, so his travel record is super weak to non-existent.

Despite all these red flags he was still given the green light, only God only knows why. I do think luck played a huge part, but we did also take a lot of time to put together an honest and thorough application which I believe helps.

To those still going through the process with their significant others, please don't give up hope.

- provide as-concrete-as-possible proof that you are only visiting will return at the end of your stay (return tickets, paid travel insurance, detailed plan of activities, etc.)

Hello, i'm very happy for you. I'm trying to see my girlfriend that is canadian citzen, she will provide me all stuffs during my stay, i have a very good and stable job in my home country, i never traveled, i have a good bank statement, but in my account i only have CAD1.000,00, you think i can have my visa accepted? i was thinking that say that she is my gf could be a negative, but in your case was not, i don't know what to say now.

polarbear2017

Aug 28, 2017
Hey there, congratulations on getting your bf's TRV. Could you fill us in on the list of documents you had presented?
- Cover letter
- Table of Contents
- CIC forms (TRV application form, Use of Rep because we applied through VFS, Family Information Form, etc.)

His documents:
- Official employment contract
- Employer permission leave letter
- Passport photocopy and copy of pages with entry/exit stamps
- Old flight tickets to & from Malaysia
- 2 passport photos
- bank statements
- letter from his mother validating his strong family ties in his home country (translated into English)
- Family card
- travel insurance for the duration of his visit
- refundable flight tickets
- detailed day-by-day schedule of activities during his visit

My documents:
- Invitation letter/letter of support
- Passport photocopy
- letter from HR confirming my employment status
- my financial evidence (6 months paystubs, 4 months bank account activity, investment savings balance, etc.)

Proof of relationship:
- My confirmed flights to his country to visit him
- Our hotel bookings which has both our names on them
- 3 photos of us together, labelled on the back with our names, where we are in the photo, and who photographed us :)

Hello, i'm very happy for you. I'm trying to see my girlfriend that is canadian citzen, she will provide me all stuffs during my stay, i have a very good and stable job in my home country, i never traveled, i have a good bank statement, but in my account i only have CAD1.000,00, you think i can have my visa accepted? i was thinking that say that she is my gf could be a negative, but in your case was not, i don't know what to say now.
Is your gf funding the entire trip? If so, that should override your financials. Just make sure she writes an invitation letter/letter of support that makes it clear she is funding your trip, and include her financial evidence as proof.

In my case, I thought it was best to be honest about our relationship because we will eventually go through the spousal visa process after we marry someday, and if we lie about our relationship now, it may hurt our application in the future. I thought the same as you at first, that it would be definite grounds for refusal. However, I truly think most visa officers don't intend to keep couples apart, but rather they are just doing their job to screen those who don't intend to go back to their home country. This is why it's important, in my opinion, to emphasize your ties to your home country as much as possible, and make that a much bigger focal point than your relationship in your application. That's my two cents :)

doc_mady

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014

i.e.

Would you please share your timeline? where did you apply from? biometrics given or not?

ren_kw

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017

i.e.

hi.. co gratz with your a

Nilyas

Aug 29, 2017

i.e.

Congrats Polarbear2017!
Just wanted to know if you applied for 2 weeks, the visa that finally came had a validity of 2 weeks visit or more? I want to apply for my parents and was advised to apply for 2-3 weeks for a better chance of getting approval but i want them to stay for atleast 2 months. What is the visa validity/stay period?

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Congrats Polarbear2017!
Just wanted to know if you applied for 2 weeks, the visa that finally came had a validity of 2 weeks visit or more? I want to apply for my parents and was advised to apply for 2-3 weeks for a better chance of getting approval but i want them to stay for atleast 2 months. What is the visa validity/stay period?
Hello, Nilyas! There are two things to look at: validity period of the visa and the allowable stay inside Canada.

When I applied for a TRV, my requested length of stay is 10 days. The visa issued to me is valid for 5 years. That means I can visit Canada until 2022.

Now, regarding the length of stay in Canada, it is the immigration officer at the port of entry who will decide. If they will not stamp the passport with when the person must leave Canada, then the person can stay up to 6 months :)

Nilyas

Aug 29, 2017
Hello, Nilyas! There are two things to look at: validity period of the visa and the allowable stay inside Canada.

When I applied for a TRV, my requested length of stay is 10 days. The visa issued to me is valid for 5 years. That means I can visit Canada until 2022.

Now, regarding the length of stay in Canada, it is the immigration officer at the port of entry who will decide. If they will not stamp the passport with when the person must leave Canada, then the person can stay up to 6 months :)
Thanks for the clarification khris6 :)

Reactions: Khris6