Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
My sister who recently applied a TRV with my parents. I'm a Permanent Resident here in Canada. And I invited my parents and sister to come here on December to celebrate the holidays with me and my husband. They applied as a family and she is considered to be a dependent of my parents as what is stated on the conditions listed by Embassy of Canada, Manila. She's only 19 years old and currently enrolled in a University. They have submitted the requirements listed like her transcript of records and certificate of enrollment showing that she currently studying and has never stopped going to school.

However, after 2 weeks of waiting, their passports were returned but unfortunately, my sister was denied and my parents got approved. It was so depressing to know about the result. Are there requirements that my sister missed to pass? I would like to ask if there are chances to appeal to the Embassy? To only explain that she is a dependent of my parents and that she has no intentions of staying in Canada for good since she's still studying.

Do you have any suggestions that we can do? Any reply is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ickodothy said:
I would like to ask if there are chances to appeal to the Embassy? To only explain that she is a dependent of my parents and that she has no intentions of staying in Canada for good since she's still studying.
If you want her to come, you'll need to apply again - not appeal.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ickodothy said:
My sister who recently applied a TRV with my parents. I'm a Permanent Resident here in Canada. And I invited my parents and sister to come here on December to celebrate the holidays with me and my husband. They applied as a family and she is considered to be a dependent of my parents as what is stated on the conditions listed by Embassy of Canada, Manila. She's only 19 years old and currently enrolled in a University. They have submitted the requirements listed like her transcript of records and certificate of enrollment showing that she currently studying and has never stopped going to school.

However, after 2 weeks of waiting, their passports were returned but unfortunately, my sister was denied and my parents got approved. It was so depressing to know about the result. Are there requirements that my sister missed to pass? I would like to ask if there are chances to appeal to the Embassy? To only explain that she is a dependent of my parents and that she has no intentions of staying in Canada for good since she's still studying.

Do you have any suggestions that we can do? Any reply is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
I am planning to apply for my parents too...can you please let me know the list of supporting documentation which needs to be submitted by the applicants..

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ickodothy, I think your sister should apply again and you can write an Invitation Letter for her and make it clear that she is dependent on your parents. There are several people on this forum who got TRV on the second try. So, don't lose hope.

Can you please tell me how long the TRV application of your family took to be processed in Manila? Also, how did they submit the application?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Perhaps they think if your sister stays behind, it gives your parents a strong reason to leave Canada at the end of their visit. :-X Is this her first year in university? They may feel it's easier for her to uproot her life and move to Canada. I would suggest you apply for GCMS notes - takes 30 days.