+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to the USA as a PR but without PR card

astuk

Sep 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

Could really do with some help. Wife got her eCoPR a months ago but not the PR card. Need to travel to the USA this coming weekend for a wedding.

Any tips on how to come back? She's an Australian passport holder and does have an ETA/Visitor record for Canada. I know eCoPR isn't valid to fly back but anyone has any success in trying?

Toronto to Washington DC flights are booked. Worst case is fly to buffalo, rent a car and cross the border?

Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Could really do with some help. Wife got her eCoPR a months ago but not the PR card. Need to travel to the USA this coming weekend for a wedding.

Any tips on how to come back? She's an Australian passport holder and does have an ETA/Visitor record for Canada. I know eCoPR isn't valid to fly back but anyone has any success in trying?

Toronto to Washington DC flights are booked. Worst case is fly to buffalo, rent a car and cross the border?

COPR cannot be used for travel.

If by some fluke her eTA hasn't been canceled in the system, then they may allow her to board. But that's a dice roll and you won't know the situation until you actually try to board to return home.

Yes, flying to Buffalo and then crossing in a rented car is totally doable.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Without PR card it's difficult to go to US from flight. The best option you have to drive in the US, in a personal vehicle. Or drive to US and take flight from US. You can enter Canada with eCOPR by land border and in personal car.
Sometimes they don't check visa stamp or PR card in US airports either, but its all risk.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
COPR cannot be used for travel.

If by some fluke her eTA hasn't been canceled in the system, then they may allow her to board. But that's a dice roll and you won't know the situation until you actually try to board to return home.

Yes, flying to Buffalo and then crossing in a rented car is totally doable.
No COPR can be used for travel but only when entering through land border in private vehicle or foot. Its given on government website
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

Other links too.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/enter-canada-via-land-border-using-copr.784009/
https://legalservicesincorporated.com/immigration/can-i-travel-outside-canada-with-an-approved-copr-while-i-am-waiting-for-my-pr-card-to-arrive-in-the-mail/#:~:text=If you are crossing the,only valid for 1 year.

astuk

Sep 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

vshare

I got this,...