+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Montreal through a different province

SaryatK

Apr 11, 2023
Hi,

I am going to travel for a post-graduation program to Montreal this Summer. But I want to travel to Calgary to one of my friend's place prior for 4-5 days, just to chill and shop a little.
Can I do this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am going to travel for a post-graduation program to Montreal this Summer. But I want to travel to Calgary to one of my friend's place prior for 4-5 days, just to chill and shop a little.
Can I do this?
You can. You should show your airfare booked from YYC to YUL. Is your Port of Entry Calgary? There are few international flights into Calgary.

Reactions: SaryatK

SaryatK

Apr 11, 2023
You can. You should show your airfare booked from YYC to YUL. Is your Port of Entry Calgary? There are few international flights into Calgary.
Thank you.
Yes, my port of entry will be Calgary. I got a flight from Mumbai connecting via Seattle to Calgary.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.
Yes, my port of entry will be Calgary. I got a flight from Mumbai connecting via Seattle to Calgary.
Ok. You have a US visa to transit. You get your study permit in Calgary. Just show your flight from Calgary to Montreal to show that you are going there to study.

Reactions: SaryatK