+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling from Canada to India with an expiring work visa and a pending work permit application

varma2816

Mar 1, 2020
Hi everyone, I am currently in Canada on a work visa that is expiring in the month of July, but I have a new work permit application in process with IRCC that was applied for one month ago. I am planning to travel to India and return to Canada before my current work visa expires. I want to know if it's possible to travel with my pending work permit application and if there are any additional documents or requirements that I need to meet. Also, I am unsure about the latest travel restrictions and entry requirements Can anyone provide me with any information or advice on traveling from Canada to India and back in my situation?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I am currently in Canada on a work visa that is expiring in the month of July, but I have a new work permit application in process with IRCC that was applied for one month ago. I am planning to travel to India and return to Canada before my current work visa expires. I want to know if it's possible to travel with my pending work permit application and if there are any additional documents or requirements that I need to meet. Also, I am unsure about the latest travel restrictions and entry requirements Can anyone provide me with any information or advice on traveling from Canada to India and back in my situation?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Do you have a valid TRV? If so, yes. A work visa doesn’t let you enter Canada, just work in Canada.

varma2816

Mar 1, 2020
Thank you for your response.
I do have a valid TRV that expires at the same time as my work visa, and there will be approximately 20 days remaining on the expiry date when I return.