AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Hi there, coming from the UK on the IEC and need travel insurance.

There are so many options and I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing so that I don't get turned away when I get to Canada. Does anybody have any ideas, ecommendations etc?

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
I think longstay/backpackers insurance will be fine? World Nomads is good but expensive.

These are some others:

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

http://www.travel-insurance.net/ This was the one I used as they do ski season insurance. Their prices are decent I think.

They didn't ask to check for my proof of insurance when I arrived last year, though that doesn't mean they don't do it.

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
For a list of Canadian companies (having insurance with a Canadian company is generally preferred when dealing with a Canadian Hospital because they can help to 'co-ordinate' payment more easily which gives you a higher chance of not having to pay and then submit receipts in order to be re-paid) that offer insurance valid for IEC requirements:

http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/International-Experience-Canada-%28IEC%29-Insurance

BestQuote carries all major providers of travel health insurance available in Canada, including policies that are valid for up to 2 years at a time (in case you wanted the IEC visa to be issued for the full two years when you arrive).

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Woffles said:
I think longstay/backpackers insurance will be fine? World Nomads is good but expensive.

They didn't ask to check for my proof of insurance when I arrived last year, though that doesn't mean they don't do it.
As was mentioned before, for IEC visa holders, it is better to with a Canadian insurer as opposed to international backpackers one.

Benefits include easier claim procedures - Canadian companies set up direct billing to make things easier for you. They also offer comprehensive coverage that includes sports and work, as well meet IEC requirements for medical care, hospitalization and repatriation.

You can get covered for up to 2 years and the rates are quite affordable.

You can find more information on this page:

http://arbetovinsurance.com/iec-travel-insurance/

garyoswald

Jun 13, 2014
Thank you goldenbrown!!! I was finally able to get a 2 year coverage for my Working Holiday program. Keep it up guys!

P.S. Will you be able to change the Canadian address that I have entered to buy the insurance? And do i need to pay for it? Because I am not going to stay long in that hostel.

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
garyoswald said:
Will you be able to change the Canadian address that I have entered to buy the insurance? And do i need to pay for it? Because I am not going to stay long in that hostel.
We can easily change your address and other info on your policy. All you have to do is to send us an email with your new information at

support@arbetovinsurance.com

Once we have your email we'll make the changes within few hours.

If you need to change the start date of your insurance you can fill out this form below:

<a href=http://arbetovinsurance.com/request-to-change-date-for-super-visa-insurance/>Request to Move the Start Date</a>

Have a safe trip!

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello dishy_max,

I come from Pakistan for work under IEC (International Experience Canada) and I got my IEC Travel Insurance from Travelinsure.ca this is the best travel insurance company in the Canada with their lots of branches I always use this company and I am really happy with them I strongly recommend you to buy your IEC (International Experience Canada) Travel Insurance from them.

http://travelinsure.ca/iec-travel-insurance

Many Thanks,
Sonu Ahmad

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
dishy_max said:
Hi there, coming from the UK on the IEC and need travel insurance.

There are so many options and I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing so that I don't get turned away when I get to Canada. Does anybody have any ideas, ecommendations etc?
I got insurance from the UK when I arrived as it states they ask you for proof when you get your visa at the airport. They didn't ask me and after 2 months in Canada I went on their insurance scheme anyway it was a complete waste of money!

Oct 16, 2014
britinvancouver said:
I got insurance from the UK when I arrived as it states they ask you for proof when you get your visa at the airport. They didn't ask me and after 2 months in Canada I went on their insurance scheme anyway it was a complete waste of money!
I was told you'd be able to get a refund for any unused days on your policy... Were you able to? Cause then it doesn't matter you can just get it in case they'd check and then just apply for reimbursement. Well after a waiting period which is 3 months I believe.

Does it work in all provinces tho?

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
Not having a proof of travel insurance at the point of entry to Canada may become a reason for your entry denial as the officer may request to present the proof that you are covered.

You may either get a Canadian or a foreign travel insurance, it is entirely up to you. However, in case you get a Canadian one, it will be easier to file a claim in case of an emergency as well as get a refund for the time you are not using it if cancel the policy due to early departure or you become eligible for a provincial health care.

For those of you, who are interested in getting a Canadian IEC travel insurance, use an insurance calculator and check out the options available for you.

Online IEC Travel Insurance Calculator

Last edited:

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Vancouverite89 said:
I was told you'd be able to get a refund for any unused days on your policy... Were you able to? Cause then it doesn't matter you can just get it in case they'd check and then just apply for reimbursement. Well after a waiting period which is 3 months I believe.

Does it work in all provinces tho?
Depends on the policy of the company/plan. I had mine refunded almost completely as I got my health card after 1 month. All they needed to see was a copy of the health card and I got my money back

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
BestQuote Travel Insurance has more policy choices available than any other online broker.

They have all the Canadian policies - those issued for only one year, or those issued for up to 2 years. They even have some American (International) policies that you will not find on sites like 'arbetov insurance' from Mr. Golden Brown. So, you are guaranteed to find either 'the cheapest' policy option, or the one that works the best for you.

At the bottom of their IEC page (link above), UK and Irish travelers looking for a two year policy can find a banner ad at the bottom for a UK policy that will also meet their IEC (two year) visa requirements.

Simply put, BestQuote is a broker that likes solving problems - so they show you all the policy options that can work for IEC visa purposes, they won't stop after telling you "Travelance' is a good policy".

Tell me I'm wrong? Don't get fooled by the fact that Mr. Arbetov employs several people to post on this same thread.